Menu
Mull447
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Under 5% Speed problem

I have been a Virgin/N T L customer since dial-up days. A couple of years ago when max speed was 60 Mb I was getting around 30 Mb. Only 50 % of what I was paying for but knew 100% was not achievable. I have recently run the usual speed, equipment and connection status tests on my 200 Mb connection over a period of times and days and currently my download is between 8-11 and upload is HIGHER at 10-12?????. Under 5%. Unacceptable. As a final test before resorting to complaining I did a reboot on the router (SUPER hub 2) only to find, to my amazement, that speeds actually went DOWN to 4-5 download with upload still higher at only 6-7!!!! 

I have never seen or heard of higher upload speeds over download so think I have a real problem here.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated (particularly if anyone from Virgin actually reads this)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Under 5% Speed problem

Hiya Mull447,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with the broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too low and the upstream are too high. I would like to book an engineer appointment to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos