Menu
Philuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unbelievably poor performance

Hello,

So before I start I wish to link just how long this has been going on:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-Speeds-Since-January-50Mb-Area-04/m-p/3134423#M121018

That post was last year, I was given the reference F003463842. Which to my surprise at the time went all the way back to 2015. Here we are in 2017 I've been told every time that a repair/review date would be in 3 months after I rang then again and again and again. The most recent was the 29th March 2017 now it's some date in July. I'm quite certain the people I've spoken to are trained to delay for as long as possible by giving empty promises and false hope in a resolution.

I would consider myself an active gamer but for the past 2 years I no longer play games online because of how bad my connection actually is. I've never experienced such poor quality customer service and regret in ever staying with Virgin Media. What makes matters worse is I'm in an area that doesn't have BT Infinity else I would have left Virgin Media behind long ago. Though I'm quite certain they already know which is why they can leave my area with underinvestment due to no competition.

So this is my internet this evening and paying for 50mbs. Yes I have a SH3 and know of the issue with this device. I know my area is over capacity (for 2 years I might add without a UPGRADE!). Now I see Virgin Media offering 300mb/s which its network can't possibly support. I call bs on this Virgin Media is just trying to stay ahead of BT but this is unfair for areas that can't even get their basic speed.

No I don't believe for a second that sending an engineer to me would even remotely fix this issue. You need to open your damn wallet and actually upgrade this poor excuse for a network.

0 Kudos
Philuk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unbelievably poor performance

I hope I haven't scared any mod away from dealing with me. I'm just entirely frustrated to this situation.
0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil

It's taking about 4 days to get a response from the forum team based on current responses to threads I have seen, also just in case your not aware everytime you bump your thread you are put to the back of the queue.

Cheers

0 Kudos
spankthemunkey1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil, you are not alone in this i am afraid, i have suffered the exact same thing as you but for 6 years, i have no other provider to go too so i am stuck like you. The price for my service has gone from £50 per month to nearly £70 per month and i get charged a £10 late payment fee for every single month of that six years of absolutely abysmal service from virgin media. i would never ever recommend Virgin Media to anybody, well i would recommend they stay well clear of them.

All i used to be told by virgin, if you upgrade to the next tier of internet your problems will be sorted out, i was told by one of virgins top engineers that there is no way on earth that they could possibly supply what they are offering as the infrastructure is not in place and the systems are over capacity for the amount of customers.

Now you see them offering 300meg service, disgusting sort out the issues you got first. All because they want to say they have the fastest internet, what a joke.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting Philuk and sorry to hear about the connection fault experienced.

I can see that you've since spoken with the team regarding this.

I've had a look at the issues affecting the cable you're connected to and there is a high demand fault raised under the ticket reference F003463842, with a review set for 24/05/2017.

I'm really very sorry for any inconvenience experienced.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos