Menu
mansfieldweb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unbelievably and ridiculously slow speeds in NG19 9**

I pay £45.00 a month for the so-called Vivid 200 broadband and I'm lucky if I can get more than 20Mbs in an evening. It's been like this for months and am now considering either leaving Virgin or downgrading to a slower speed so I feel at least like I'm going some value for money! I'm using a gigabit switch and PC with gigabit network card and getting these ridiculous speeds. I've even tried connecting the PC direct to the router and other PCs and get the same speed so I know it's nothing at my end. Account Number: ********** Area Reference : 30 Virgin - please could someone look into this and sort?

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unbelievably and ridiculously slow speeds in NG19 9**

Hello mansfieldweb,

Thanks for joining the community, hope you're well Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that you're struggling with slow speeds at the moment, I know how irritating this can be. Checking your connection, I can't seem to find anything out of place. Are you testing a wireless or a hard-wired connection? What speeds do you get during the days? Are you noticing problems on multiple devices, or just the one?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mansfieldweb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather

In the daytime, I get 215mb Download and 12.5mb Up. This is on a 1Gb Hardwired connection.

In the evening (religiously) upto 11pm I get 5mb downstream, 12mb upstream

Past 11pm, I get 215mb Download back again.

I'm not uploading at all throughout the day so am flumoxed why I'm being throttled! It's not something I'm happy about paying £45.00 a month for a service I can only use when I'm being traffic managed or throttled. I am only able to use my connection in the evenings and weekends which is why the service is poor. I might as well downgrade to be honest as Virgin seem incapable of providing me with the service I pay for.

Regards

Mark Smith
Area 30

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As a fellow sufferer, from NG19/area 30, i know that VM will eventually own up to supplying you with a broadband connection that is suffering from massive over-utilisation issues eventually.

They have provided me with F004175974 as the job number and a 17th May, presumably 2017, review date, but yours may be different. 

I was a 200Mbps customer too and have dropped to 50Mbps and you perhaps ought to seriously consider doing the same, as you will get the same low speeds either way.

0 Kudos
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here at NG19 Area 30. 

Down below 2 meg some nights and unable to use streaming services.

Lee

0 Kudos
mansfieldweb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Over £45.00 a month for this. I could get more for less from TalkTalk or Sky. I'll keep posting a speed-test every night for a while or until Virgin sort this out!

Capture.PNG

Really very unhappy.

0 Kudos
mansfieldweb
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem is, I'm not sure this is due to congestion issues, as I said earlier, as soon as the hours strike 11pm, my download goes back up to 215mb? This smells like traffic management (which I should not be subjected to as I hardly upload anything).

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

mansfieldweb wrote:

Over £45.00 a month for this. I could get more for less from TalkTalk or Sky. I'll keep posting a speed-test every night for a while or until Virgin sort this out!

Really very unhappy.

If it is an oversubscribed area you will be posting a lot of graphs that will be ignored, as review dates come and go, some for years.

Lets just hope it a fault.

Regards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey mansfieldweb,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I'd like to be able to take a closer look at this, are you able to se up a TBB monitor please?

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos