Menu
vrbarreto
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unbelievable rubbish speed Croydon

For a week unable to use internet in the evenings as it is slower than the days of Dial Up.

Quite livid... Just come of the phone to 'customer services'

Chap a tried to fob me off with a 'you have an old router this is causing speed issues'. Erm no that's a lie.

Second chap tells me that there is a outage in the 03 area and that it will hopefully be fixed by the 26th of April.... 26TH OF APRIL!!!!!!

"You will get unusable speed in the evenings and at weekends". Yes that'll be the times I'm at home when I'm not working.

Paying £37 a month for this croc of rubbish.. I'm moving house in a few weeks.. Very tempted to tell Virgin where to get off and find a decent broadband company.

0 Kudos
BigWoowar
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unbelievable rubbish speed Croydon

I've posted this evening my own experience with Virgin. Plain simple lies from customer services telling me an engineer had been. A nearby resident who is an Virgin engineer showed me a chain of emails regarding the virgin infrastructure which is actually incapable of reaching the speeds sold to us. He said they want customers at any cost which is why they have reverted to cold calling with 'unbelievable' deals but knowing that very few customers measure their speeds. I should be on 200, this evening I am getting 4. I'm genuinely thinking of contacting the watchdog/regulator over this as I I'm getting to the point of refusing to pay. I'm so annoyed by the whole processs. I was fine until I 'upgraded'!!
0 Kudos
vrbarreto
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

still getting stunning speeds

0 Kudos
neilone
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

vm test.png

0 Kudos
neilone
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm in area 03 and getting less than 1mb ,  though paying for 70mb.    Tried phoning up a few times but not getting anywhere,  though I'm quite deaf so may have missed something.   I think they said there is a fault in the Area.    However its been bad for as long as I can remember byt only did a speed test a few weeks ago and its been the same since.  

I think it will be easier just to change to another provider.  

vm test.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Justs a heads up, any dates given to you are REVIEW dates only. Not FIX dates, despite phone scripts saying its a fix date it isn't.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos