Menu
Missjohnson
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unbearable speed

Been with VM for years and about 6 months ago upgraded to 100mb fibre optic...

Wireless is painfully slow speed test today shows:

Download - 0.30mbps
Upload - 4.43mbps

Should I be expecting more? We only have two smartphones one laptop and the PS3 connected. Impossible to load videos, internet banking even just the search engine at times!

Virgin media I don't think we even have the correct hardware for the speed as didn't revive a new hub upon upgrade. Help please before we seek new ISP!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unbearable speed

Hi Missjohnson,

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see that there is a contention fault in the area under ticket F004272350. This will cause slow speeds at peak times and is due for review 03/05/17.

While checking this I could also see that your upstream power levels are too high which will also cause poor speeds as well as disconnections. We'll have to book a technician visit to adjust this and I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time. To view your private messages just click the envelope at the top of the page.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos