Menu
AndyMartock
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unacceptable Broadband Speed

Hi

I'm in the Bristol area and since joining VM in Sept 16 I have never received the speed I'm paying for.  I have the 100 mbs package but am getting around 3/4 mbs.  Speaking with customer services they say it's because of work in the area to improve speed and the system is overloaded.  the work was due to finish in Nov 16 and since pushed back and back.  Can anybody from VM suggest how I can improve my speed, or get an engineer out on site to check the setup is not faulty or reduce my package so I'm not paying for a service VM cannot supply me......even though they must have known this when I started my contract but failed to tell me.  I am using an Ethernet cable to connect.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unacceptable Broadband Speed

Engineers cannot fix it. Has to wait for the networks team. This is just the nature of contention/over utilization issues.

Any 'fix date' the phone staff give should be taken as a review date as that is all it is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unacceptable Broadband Speed

Evening AndyMartock,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds due to a fault in your area.

The reference number for the high peak time traffic fault is F003360925 and has a review date of 12th April. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth. This can include implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos