Menu
smcnamee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ultra slow Broadband!

I have been on holiday for a week, and switched off my router and computer etc for all that time. Arrived back yesterday, fired it all up and tried to download a work file for a presentation I have on Monday.

The speed fluctuates between 0kb/s and about 65kb/s – neither are anywhere close to the speed I should be getting.

This has been going on for some weeks now – sometimes I download at the speed I should be getting, but more often than not it is slow.

I've tried restarting etc several times and it does not solve it, so there must be a network fault or router fault? I have attached two of the upload speeds for you to see how slow it is.

Can someone investigate this for me please?

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 09.38.59.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-03 at 09.39.26.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultra slow Broadband!

Hi smcnamee

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, the upstream power levels are too high. Otherwise the network is running stable with no errors.

I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust the power levels for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

In the meantime do you get the same issue through a wired connection?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
smcnamee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

Getting slow download speeds again I'm afraid.

See attached screengrab of a doanload from WeTrsnafer at 9pm on a sunday evening. Barely scraping 800KB/s...even accounting for other traffic in the area it shouldn't ever be this slow.

Could you look into this for me again please? Frankly I am still concerned that we are paying over the odds for a service we are not receiving.

Thanks

Scott

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 21.03.12.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Scott,

Hope all is well. Thanks for posting back here and apologies you are getting slow speeds again.

I have taken a look at the network and there is high traffic during peak hours which I have raised to our networks department for further investigation. Once I have more information I will let you know.

Will speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
smcnamee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

Ok thats great – I am hoping/wondering if the network is able to cope with demand? As we both work during the day it will usually be peak hours when we need to access files and so on.

Actually I had another question – if I wanted to access my work servers via a VPN do I need to get that 'unblocked' by you first?

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Kind regards

Scott

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Scott,

Only me.

Just to let you know that the fault that I raised has a reference number of F005093063 and a review date of 7th June. During this time our engineers will improve bandwidth and as it is a review date it can be subject to change.

With the VPN, you may have to set up Port Forwarding to allow access, which you will need to ask for the port numbers. You can also make sure that all the Pass-Through options on the Super Hub are enabled, under the Firewall option in the router settings.

I've also sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to discuss the fault further.

Hope this helps

Sam

0 Kudos