Menu
eric777m
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

URMSTON AREA 20

Will I've been on the phone and the fix for the slow speeds is the end of January 2017

so let us see I know this job has been going on for ages.

Current speed below on a 50 mb package

Share Image

0 Kudos
eric777m
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: URMSTON AREA 20

AND TODAY WE GET

Share Image

NOT IN PEAK HOURS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey eric777m,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering slow speeds at peak times at the moment. Unfortunately the test at 11.04pm is still within peak hours, we consider peak hours to be 4pm-midnight during the week and most of the day on weekends. These are the times we generally see the heaviest usage on the network.

I've run some tests on your hub and network segment and can see that there is high demand on the network during peak times. There is an open investigation at the moment, our engineers are currently planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support an increased demand for our services in your area. Once the work is completed you'll find that your speeds return to normal during peak times.

The reference for the ongoing work is F004193000 and the current review date is 25th January. GIve this thread a bump in a week or two and we'll be able to check the latest for you, we can also pass your details across to a team member who'll be able to discuss loss of service credit with you at that point.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
eric777m
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And today we get

Share Image

NOT GOOD

0 Kudos
TFPOMR
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So what is the real story about what is going on in the M41 area? Some days it's fine, other days you have to reboot the router 6 or 7 times - and it can take up to an hour for it to reconnect. When you eventually get through, you speak to some numpty in India who can only talk you through rebooting the router whilst claiming to run tests, and then book an engineer's visit. Fella turns up to house (with a spanner in hand...🤔) says everything is working fine in terms of box, but that the whole of M41 is screwed until May when there's an upgrade going in.

Next day I get a text from Virgin saying everything is fixed.

Repeat...

The third promised engineer visit never happened - I guess he couldn't face another Groundhog Day...

So far this evening, we've already had to reboot the router 4 times (I'm typing this quickly, before it drops again...)

So, Virgin... What's the truth? Was a fix put in last week (if it was, it's not worked) or is it May? And what am I supposed to do until you get your act together?
0 Kudos
maro3
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi i geting the same problem , try to get some hel on the phone   but  i bean told that i use some heavy data , next one said that i got old super hub so i order new one, and another one teling me that there is some work in area 20 .....so i would like to get some more info maybe here will be something else.( slow sped always start after  or before 9 pm  and keep going now forr 1 week.

0 Kudos
ciaranj
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It's painful isn't it. Nothing seems to have gotten any better since the magical date of the 25th Smiley Sad (which I was also given as the fix date!)
0 Kudos
eric777m
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi eric777m,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I've just this moment replied to your other post regarding this over here. I know it's not always easy, but if you could try to stick with one thread per topic it'll help us track your fault.

Thanks again for your patience.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
eric777m
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still shocking

Share Image