Menu
londondesigner
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE on F003489544 (AL10) Hatfield - Over Utilisation

Review date passed again yesterday, spoke to probably every department at Virgin Media and eventually got the next review date for F003489544: now 26th July 2017.  

Tried to speak to a manager to try to identify if they have actually done anything to fix the service, awaiting a call back today...I think we all know what the answer will be. 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: UPDATE on F003489544 (AL10) Hatfield - Over Utilisation

Unfortunately with this type of issue it seems you have two choices wait for an upgrade which may take months to take place (and get a partial refund for not getting the service you are paying for in the meantime), or to leave Virgin Media.  It all depends on how bad the service is and whether you are prepared to continue putting up with it in the meantime..

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
londondesigner
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, it's really frustrating.

I'm a director of our residents association, we have quite a few VM users in the flats so i'm going to make sure they all know about the issue and can claim.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I presume the more people who report it and complain about it the more likely they are to prioritise the upgrade for a particular area.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
londondesigner
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's my thoughts on it... Can't hurt!
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It certainly can't.  Anyone who has a problem has to report it individually so that they are fully aware of the scope of the problem.  In addition they shouldn't be paying the normal price if they are unable to receive the service they are paying for.

-

0 Kudos
londondesigner
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So tried complaining about the slow ever running over utilisation fault to a manager at virgin.  Was told they would call me back, they called once on my landline while I was at work (told them to use my mobile)... so I tried to call back in as a first name and no number wasn't the easiest way to call them back. Eventually got to someone who offered to email the manager chap, said they would get them to call me back, that was over a week ago.   

Shocking service as per usual.  Would one of the forum peeps please get someone to contact me so I can progress my complaint as per your own process.

Saw today VM's has been exaggerating their new network roll out progress. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/28/ - so hey maybe those delays are because they've been busy fixing all the existing over utilisation faults...  :-)  

0 Kudos
londondesigner
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick update on the ongoing fault in the Hatfield area.

Just had my Tivo box replaced as it had broken down, while they were updating the new box the internet dropped.  I explained that the area had high utilisation, when the engineer called his support people and asked about the internet and asked about the fault, he was visibly surprised it was open over 2 years.  Said he knows areas of Stevenage were bad but didn't think it was out this way in Hertfordshire.  Anyway he checked the review date and it's moved out yet again - this time even further:

Now the high utilisation is down to be review before the 6th December 2017.

Unbelievable really...

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

londondesigner wrote:

So tried complaining about the slow ever running over utilisation fault to a manager at virgin.  Was told they would call me back, they called once on my landline while I was at work (told them to use my mobile)... so I tried to call back in as a first name and no number wasn't the easiest way to call them back. Eventually got to someone who offered to email the manager chap, said they would get them to call me back, that was over a week ago.   

Shocking service as per usual.  Would one of the forum peeps please get someone to contact me so I can progress my complaint as per your own process.

Saw today VM's has been exaggerating their new network roll out progress. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/28/ - so hey maybe those delays are because they've been busy fixing all the existing over utilisation faults...  :-)  

So not only did you not get the promised phone call back from customer services, but no one on the forum team bothered to get back in touch with you either. As you say, shocking service.

As for the network roll out (Project Lightning — laughable name if you've got a utilisation fault), VM should be investing their money in their existing customers and infrastructure rather than chasing new customers and making promises that they can't possibly hope to deliver on.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
londondesigner
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

"So not only did you not get the promised phone call back from customer services, but no one on the forum team bothered to get back in touch with you either. As you say, shocking service."

Yeah i'm still awaiting a customer service call back, the forum team seem unable to respond to any of my posts....

0 Kudos