Menu
4997amandab
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Traffic Management

im on the vivid 200 package recently changed as they said i would get better service, should be getting speeds of up to 200mb (which i did previously) i have recently been experiencing issues with low speed getting under 20mb on one day i actually only got 1mb download so i called virgin who tell me that i am being traffic managed because one day i exceeded what them deemed an acceptable amount of data download (which i've never had before) i have been told on several occassions that this is normal and that my speed should be back within 24hrs its now been two weeks and i'm told now that it will take another week.  so my question is, is this normal practice? why has this never happened to me before (my habits haven't changed)? and do i get some money back as i've not been able to get the promised speeds that you said i would.  also i have a complaint in that i was told would take 48hrs im now 72hrs and heard nothing.  Not great customer services

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Traffic Management

There is no traffic management on downloads, only uploads, so something else will be causing the speed issues. 

The phone based Customer Service are not reliable and will make up any old rubbish to get you off the line. 

Are your speeds poor all day or just at peak times? Are you using wifi or wired?

0 Kudos
4997amandab
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ii had a feeling i was being fobbed off. it's mostly Wi-Fi and there low all day I've run the speed check every couple of hours starting from 6am to 11.30pm for the last two weeks and I never get above 30mb. I've bought to links to get Ethernet upstairs but any items connected Wi-Fi are struggling
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you need to test on a wired connection to know the true connection speed
0 Kudos
4997amandab
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've run both wired and Wi-Fi I get a max of 120mb on wired and 40 of Wi-Fi if I'm sat right near the router I finally had a call from customer service after chasing them again who were a complete waste of time apparently they have capped my service for 30days and they offered me compensation of .81pence told me to wait another 24hrs so I've had nothing close to what I'm paying for I can't cancel my contract unless I pay £300 I'm appalled that they call this customer service I've always spike highly of virgin but not anymore
0 Kudos