Menu
raptor1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tortoise speed!!!

I cant beleive all these posts about the speed of broadband - some of you BTW are very lucky- you have only sufferd (so far) for a few weeks- Personally I brought my super SLOW speeds atttention to Virgin APRIL 2016 ! . They kept on telling me there is work going on in the area and ot will be fixed by  this date.... Then when this date came along .....still same..they would tell me another date....so you get the picture. Intrestingly I had a call off Virgin a few weeks back - basically telling me all was sorted now and check my speed. WOW! I had 57mbps! I was realy pleased to say the least....but only lasted for a week. So now I have been told all issues wil be fixed by early Febuary ..last 3 days I have done a speed test diffrent times of the day  

Best - reading 

Ping 10ms Download 13.48 mbps Upload 3.15mbps

Worst reading 

Ping 24 Download 8.34 mbps Upload 3.15 mbps

Thing is iam paying for 50mps package - so I am paying for something I am not getting- no were near. I am getting a small reduction in price - but in fairness with having this kind of speed for 10 months now- I find Virgin on the whole offering one of the worst broadband speeds available - to me anyhow....One day.. One day....I will get a speed of 50mps or more ..won't I? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tortoise speed!!!

Hi raptor, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with 6your speeds for a long period of time. 

I have taken a look at fault ref F004898570  for slow speeds during peak times and there has been a notable improvement in the connection since late December early January time. 

There are still some times when there is an increase in traffic in your area during peak times but this should be no where near as impacting as you had seen previously. I will pop you a PM to discuss further, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

It would also help to know if the readings stated were from a wired or wireless connection and what sort of time period/ time of day we are looking at for those readings. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
raptor1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

I have just replied to your Pm- Thanks. 

As regards what time of day- I have tested my speed at diffrent times  of the day for over 2 weeks now  and to be honest it does not vary much at all. I have just done a speed test now  and as you can see - still very poor . Taken from a wirless connection- but having said that Modem is less than  2 foot away . Thanks

Alan 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

In regards to the speed tests, are you able to complete these through a wired connection at different times of the day please? When you use speedtest.net, select the default server and post a link/screenshot of the results.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos