Menu
sasman1964
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To SLOOOOOOOWWWW Rotherham !!!! why am i have to pay for Crap service??

Hello Just got in tried to browse the web!! Basic Browsing is again SLLLLLOOOOOOWWW ebay taking ages to load.....everything slooooooww switch over to my mobile data and BOOM! Fast!!!..

You are giving me a £7 a month refund....Bit why am i paying for this CRap!....

How many people in Rotherham are having same issue after there free speed increase it has gotten Slowwwwwweeeeeerrrr....

Rob

0 Kudos
iantommo123
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: To SLOOOOOOOWWWW Rotherham !!!! why am i have to pay for Crap service??

I'm in Rotherham still awaiting my free speed increase after nearly 12 months the slwest broadband ever tonight

whats all this about then!!! just loving the packet loss!!

F823d262bbffa264d32dce3f2d67f6bd-23-08-2016

0 Kudos
andimayfield
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I only wish I had broadband as fast as 10meg. I pay for 200, i'm lucky if I get 2.

An honest answer from customer services is all i ask for.

My Broadband Speed Test
0 Kudos
iceblink
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am from Rotherham too and get garbage internet. Pay for 100mb and get around 6 usually. I have not been claiming any credit as I didn't realise it was a thing, so now I am extra **bleep** off and feeling stupid for continuing to pay for something so bad. 

0 Kudos
sasman1964
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Iceblink... It is annoying! you pay for a service and not get what you paid for .. Ask for the refund...Last week the Broadband was so so i couldnt be bothered to to complain...i just used my mobile data...i got over 30 mbs only problem with that is it costs more money Smiley Sad..I am sure it is illigal what Virgin are doing miss selling fast broadband ..When i try to watch BBC iplayer and i get a message saying internet speed not fast enough!!!! That is just so wrong!!.. Yet i switch on  my hotspot on mobile phone connect my laptop to the hotspot and using mobile data which is 3G not 4G? and can watch perfect!!!...After about 1am in the morning i can down load at full speed its only in the afternoon does the speed slow down to a crawl....Rubbish!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi iceblink, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're having issues with your connection speed being slow, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some tests on your connection from here and I can see that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak times, the reference number for this is F003431715 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the end of November. Should you require any further updates on this, post back here a little closer to the date and we'll gladly take a look at things from here for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Brianmcgee99
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat, speed is perfect during the day and less than 5Mb in the evening. Rotherham area 14
0 Kudos
sasman1964
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well Iceblink dont get your hopes up with that Copied and pasted reply from virginmedia!...I have had the same reply from virginmedia in Jan 2016!!! thats how long agoooooo    !!!! ."So we shall be dealing with this for you. I have put a rolling credit on your account, so that £7.50  will auto update monthly until fault ref: F003431715  is reviewed on 24-08-2016 "then they changed the date "The current fault F003431715 has a review date of 30/11/16"....Still having the same fault...Unusable speed in the evening BBC iplayer says your broadband speeds is not fast enough??? Crappppp....So to sum up slow internet since i have had my free speed upgrade... Jan 2016 nearly a year a go!!!!!

I have tried to change my provider but i am stuck because BT can only give me 3mbs Smiley Sad otherwise i would have cancelled long ago... 

0 Kudos
sasman1964
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I cannot believe it my speed is back!!!! I am writing this at 20:20 and for nearly a year i would be lucky to down load faster than 0.5 to 1mbs  broad band speed tests say im getting 69+ Mbs in fact i have been getting this speed all afternoon  ... no slow down Yipppppeeeee!!!! .. my cousin who also lives in rotherham has confirmed he too is getting  79+ Mbs.. i hope this is a permanant fix ...

0 Kudos
Brianmcgee99
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Mine too! Awesome
0 Kudos