Menu
ChrisC68
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tiny upload speed

Hi all

I'm currently getting great download speeds most of the time, but my upload speed for at least the past 10 days has been in the region of 0.5Mb/s (max 0.8, min 0). I'm literally spending hours waiting for emails with attachments to send.

If anyone has resolved a similar issue or has any advice I'd be grateful - its impossible to get to chat with Virgin at the times I can do.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tiny upload speed

Yep, upload has been crippled, but not as bad as yours, getting below 10Mbps, which is what I would be getting on a lower tier at a lower price, they have been given their official complaint yesterday, 8 weeks to build up a case.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Bartman007

The cycle begins anew.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shafreya wrote:
@Bartman007

The cycle begins anew.

It seems that way my friend Smiley Sad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ChrisC68 wrote:

Hi all

I'm currently getting great download speeds most of the time, but my upload speed for at least the past 10 days has been in the region of 0.5Mb/s (max 0.8, min 0). I'm literally spending hours waiting for emails with attachments to send.

If anyone has resolved a similar issue or has any advice I'd be grateful - its impossible to get to chat with Virgin at the times I can do.

Thanks

Posting some basic diagnostic info may help.

Navigate to the hub's GUI using http://192.168.100.1
Don't log in, click the Router Status button
Copy \ Paste the Downstream, Upstream, and Network Logs.

Don't worry about the formatting, but do obscure personal information like your WAN IP address.

0 Kudos
ChrisC68
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

I'll do so when (if?) it happens again - in true getting-a-doctors-appointment style, the minute I post about it, the problem goes away (spectacularly). After ten days of suffering, my upload speed is now eye-waveringly fast! I almost suspect a conspiracy :-)

0 Kudos