Menu
rikbignell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Timeouts again

Hi,

i've been having intermittent speed problems for months. After 4 engineer visits im sure its a utilization issue which i was told was being reviewed by April.

Today im getting only 2mb download and 12% packet loss.

2015-05-06 11_44_37-Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png2015-05-06 11_46_23-SCUD - PuTTY.png2015-05-06 11_44_08-Super Hub _ GUI.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Timeouts again

Hi rikbignell

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing slow speeds.

I've checked the broadband connection and could see the local fault causing slow speeds. The review date has now unfortunately been changed to 22nd July. In April the engineers added extra Downstream channels to the cables and they still noticed the issue, now they will be adding changes to the upstream channels.

I understand how frustrating this can be and I appreciate your patience.

If you want me to check anything else, then let me know

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rikbignell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

This was meant to be reviewed on the 22 July.  Its now the 21st August and speeds and still terrible on the downstream channels during the evenings.  I get 1mb speeds every evening on the download buts its fine on the upload (6mb).  I'm meant to be getting 100mb download.

Can you tell me if this review date has been moved again?  Can you call me to discuss a refund for the unusable speeds that i've had since i joined Virgin over 8 months ago!

0 Kudos
rikbignell
Tuning in
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Please help! Its getting worse: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4600500917
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi rikbignell

In regards to the fault ticket F002737151 the review date is showing as 30th September. 

For a service credit, you can contact our Customer Care team on either 150 or 0345 454 1111 to discuss this further.

I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rikbignell
Tuning in
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

Why does it keep getting pushed back? 9 months of the same issue.

Can you have a look again at my line to make sure my speed problem is related to this open fault?

Do you need anything from me?

My download speeds are painful in the evening.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi rikbignell

Thanks for the reply.

When it comes nearer the review date the engineers assess the situation at the network and if all looks fine then the fault will be closed down. However if there is still an issue the engineers will continue with additional work.

I've checked your own connection and the downstream power levels are too low. For this I can book an engineer to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (red envelope icon, left corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Speak soon

Sam

rikbignell
Tuning in
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

The engineer came out and replaced the router and fixed the power levels and speed has been much better outside of peak times.   During peak times the speed is still very slow.  I got an email about speeds increasing in my area, doesn't thins mean if everyone gets more bandwidth the problem is only going to get worse at peak times?

The email wasn't clear on what the speed increase will be.  Is it going to be upto 300mb with 15mb upload as the rumours suggest?

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/04/virgin-medias-next-broadband-speed-boost-edges-closer-a...

I've had poor speeds in my area since we moved in nearly a year ago now.  Are you able to look into a goodwill gesture of putting me onto the 152mb package at the same cost so at least i can benefit from the speed increase outside of peak times.

Then hopefully they will eventually fix the speed issue at peak times so i get the speed i'm paying for 24/7.

0 Kudos
rikbignell
Tuning in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I meant to say thanks for getting the engineer to come out so quickly to fix the power level issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi rikbignell

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm glad that the power levels have been fixed and you've seen some improvement with the speeds.

In regards to our new broadband speeds check this link and it will have more information. You will be able to opt-in for the awesome new speeds from October 1st Smiley Happy

If there is anything else you want me to check, then let me know

Sam

0 Kudos