Menu
mrkbrwn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thoughput issue

OK I have tried everything you get you (virgin) to deal with this issue.  I have rang on and off from just after xmas. I have spoken with managers and even email your CEO and not getting a reply so thought I would try on here and see if someone would like to help.

My speeds and throughput are crap -  im connected wired

So heres a video of my issue - also here is the complaint reference number COM101224135

maxmarutti
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thoughput issue

Ok but do you know where 1gb.zip file located is ? Chinese servers on maybe , run several tests on all continents then compare your results DWL/UPL

@thinkbroadband
0 Kudos
valkyre14
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I live about 2 miles from mrkbrwn, referred to him as "the other dude" in the video because I didn't want to reveal his name or any of that stuff.

Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrkbrwn,

Welcome to the forum, looking at the video you've posted you're getting around 100 - 90mb on that one computer. This would lead me to believe that either the ethernet lead connecting the hub and that PC is cat5 or below or that the ethernet port of that PC is not Gigabit which would max the speeds out at around 100-90mb.

I would suggest taking a look at the network card of the PC and ensuring it's a gigabit port to get the best out of your speeds. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos