Menu
rbrt_wrght
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

This speed is a joke

For 4 months now my speeds are regularly between 1 & 3Mbps. It's an absolute joke. I downgraded to the 30Mbps package, as that's all that we use, but I now cannot stream anything without loss of quality or buffering.

Customer services can't do a thing, and I know that VM have over subscribed.

Do VM actually read through these posts? If they do, just take a look at the amount of people complaining on here about this very problem!!

At least tell us that you are going to do something!!!

I can feel a call to Watchdog coming on.

Oh yeah, thanks for my £4 rebate. What a joke.
0 Kudos
vmisafjoke
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: This speed is a joke

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: This speed is a joke

Hi rbrt_wrght,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

From checking your connection, I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area that you mentioned. The reference number is F003733824 and has a review date of 15th February. As this is a review date it is subject to change due the work that is required to improve bandwidth. This can include implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc.

Also the downstream power levels are too high at + 15 dBmV and I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos