Menu
mnsolihull
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Thinking of reducing broadband speed

I am undertaking a serious review of our household spends and the focus is now on our media package withVM.

I need to reduce our current monthly bill of £105 to £50 or less if possible. A lengthy phone call provided me with the following options; reduce HD boxes to 1, reduce TV package to M, reduce phone to evenings and weekends, reduce broadband from 100 (usually clocking around 85) to 50 Mbps.

I'm okay with all but the broadband reduction as we are fairly heavey users and often stream 2 films concurrently. Are there any 50mb users who can comment on the performance of 50 mb broadband please?

we have been with Virgin for 12 years and like TiVo and broadband usually good so not keen on a rip and replace strategy although as I am not tied into a contract, this may be a good way to save money.

0 Kudos
joesci
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thinking of reducing broadband speed

having previously been a sky 37mb customer (speed consistently 35mb) streaming two HD videos at once was rarely, if ever, a problem. problems only ever arose when streaming multiple videos and attempting downloads/online gaming concurrently. im guessing with the 50mb package you should clock 35-45mb and be pretty much problem free.
0 Kudos