Menu
neteixeira
Up to speed
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The worst internet provider in UK - Virgin

Virgin SuperFibre 50 at up to 50Mbps - Promised

The reality: Yesterday the service was several times down and the speed terrible. Today speed awful. Just unacceptable.

If I had an alternative I should move tomorrow. I called the Customer Service (India) that promised again to solve the problem! That was 2 months ago! Virgin Super Fibre 01.10.2016.jpgw... I hate this greedy company.

Helpful Answers
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: The worst internet provider in UK - Virgin

If VM is 100% at fault, utilization (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

( Guide taken from Bartman007 so credit goes to him )

neteixeira
Up to speed
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Time to move to TalkTalk, after a disgraceful service and a nonsense way to deal with complaints. Also time to lodge a formal complaint with the Ombudsman Services.

Here a transcription of the last events on a very poor quality service and a non-existent Customer Service:

"Hi,

Thank you for your information. My move to TalkTalk will be more than a logical step. After all the troubles with Virgin pseudo "Superfiber" the only real action taken by Virgin is: "Your latest Virgin Media bill is ready - Amount £58.28". If I don't pay on time I will be charged £10 extra. What about the Virgin's liability when you provide just 1.5 Mb internet speed? What about when the service is down? Obviously that I will go ahead and make a formal complain to the Ombudsman Services.

"As you are moving to another supplier may I please close down complaint ref COM102075478" - This is unacceptable! I will also report this to the Ombudsman. I have to give 1 month to stop the service. So what about the month I have the right to have a service with quality and the contracted speed? How could Virgin ask me to close down a complaint not solved? I do not care if there just 1 day left on my contract! I have the right to have the service on that day. This is only fair to demand as you charge the same amount even when you not providing the service or you provide a poor one. 

Obviously this was an opportunity to correct the problem and retain a Customer, even if the Customer moves to another provider, in order to leave a positive note on the Customer. I am a Customer Success Manager myself at the biggest company in the world, and even if I have millions of customers, I treat every single one as an individual and not just a number. I don't want them to leave.

This is not just an official record of complaint. It is an active complaint.

"there is not much else could look at in regards to resolving this issue if you are going to another company" - Again, it shows Virgin does not care to do anything to solve the problem and retain the customer. I will formally inform the above mentioned authority about this written information.

I will inform Virgin when I will cancel my contract in order to move to TalkTalk. This cannot (and should not) affect the quality of the service provided currently or affect any active complaint. Until then, business as usual.

N Teixeira"

0 Kudos
neteixeira
Up to speed
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Super Fibre 13.12.2017 19h38m.pngVirgin Super Fibre 13.12.2017 19h47m.png

0 Kudos
neteixeira
Up to speed
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

More than a year later, folks, check the speed. Another promise: "We will check it on the 23 May 2018".1 year later 30.11.20171 year later 30.11.2017>1 year later 13.12.2017>1 year later 13.12.2017>1 year later 13.12.2017>1 year later 13.12.2017

0 Kudos
neteixeira
Up to speed
Message 23 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Last update! Great Service!Virgin Super Fibre 100Mbps 28.12.2017Virgin Super Fibre 100Mbps 28.12.2017Cannot access Virgin ServerCannot access Virgin ServerChecking Service Status from Virgin PortalChecking Service Status from Virgin PortalMisleading information from Portal - Compare with info attachedMisleading information from Portal - Compare with info attached

0 Kudos

All Replies
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

you'd get more assistance posting this in the Broadband forum.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi neteixeira

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I've taken a look at your connection and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003478235 and with a review date of 18th January.

I know this can be frustrating to say the least and I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

neteixeira
Up to speed
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It is still unacceptableIt is still unacceptableTerrible serviceTerrible service

0 Kudos
neteixeira
Up to speed
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

This is unacceptable:

Worse and worse!Worse and worse!

0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hey, that's not totally true.

Yes, the people who are facing the issues are truly getting the worst of it but I had my installation today and after worrying about all these issues of speed people have mentioned, I managed to get a stable 220 mb during peak times.

Now fingers crossed it stays like that.
0 Kudos
neteixeira
Up to speed
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

This is totally true in my case, since I joined Virgin almost a year ago! Speak for yourself. And don't call people liars!22:32 Today22:32 Today

0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I didn't call anyone a liar. Smiley Frustrated

I did say the people who were effected, truly get the worst.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi there neteixeira,

Hope all is well and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see you are still having an issue with the broadband speeds.

From checking the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F003478235), our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 3rd May.

We will have more information nearer this date and can let you know of any updates.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
neteixeira
Up to speed
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. The image contained your WAN IP address. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines

0 Kudos