Menu
dragon2611
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The BQM "Issue"

So I've seen the official explanation from the moderation team, I can't post on that thread even though there is a reply button so I assume it's locked.

Hi all,

It looks like we had a problem with our link with Think Broadband that caused the erroneous latency humps for some customers, this has now been resolved.

If anyone is still experiencing slow speeds or latency problems please start a separate thread detailing the problem so we can investigate.

Many thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

All I can say is that might be the company line but it's not the whole story since I was experiencing Simular latency to various other destinations including AAISP's L2TP server, the path through NTT for example was terrible with 30ms between the NTT hops and the Virgin hops.

Even when disabling the VPN tunnels and routing directly my latency to the BF1 servers was crap all weekend at 60-70ms where as my friends on VDSL2 were enjoying about 24ms, when I moved I had a choice between ADSL2+ or VM cable, I went VM as I wanted better than 1Mbit/s upstream, can't help but think I made a mistake.

The thing I would say here is look stuff goes wrong, that's a fact of life but please be honest about it and actually disclose the full impact of the problem, not just blame it on some erroneous BQM's

0 Kudos
andouk
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: The BQM "Issue"

Facing similar issues myself in my thread, my ping spikes in bf1 though from around 30-50 to around 300 at times which makes it completely unplayable, other websites taking forever to load and hops timing out all together

0 Kudos
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When they say "the link between TB and us". Take this with a pinch of soft, I don't believe VM has a direct link into TB. It's more a link used, which will be used by many other things, which would/could explain what you were seeing.

Is it still an issue?
--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey
0 Kudos
dragon2611
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No but it was either a link between one of their routers and the rest of the network or a link in/out of a Pop since it affected many different paths.

0 Kudos