Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 31 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thats it, I'm off...Sky coming on the 10th of June

Yes there are loads on eBay, but there shouldn't be. Have read through this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/e-bay-purchase-of-Superhub3/td-p/3143015

0 Kudos
ntlworld_user
Fibre optic
Message 32 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thats it, I'm off...Sky coming on the 10th of June UPDATE!

People asked for an update, well here it is.

4 months into Sky and I must say its as smooth as silk, Not once have my 2 gamers shouted " Its lagging ", the Broadband has never stopped or hiccuped, and getting 40mbs consitantly, 20 more than on Virgin's 200mb bundle. TV is spot on, very quick and well laid out for the on demands.

Paying £35pm ( additional free calls and BT sports ), rather than the £85pm with Virgin, that £600 per year will go toward Christmas.

Why I didnt leave before I dont know, think its like an abusive relationship with Virgin, you just think/hope it will get better, but of course it doesnt. Move now, if they state all that " under contract " carp then simply tell them THEY have failed the contract by not providing the service advertised. Jump now my friends, jump now.

Parki79
Rising star
Message 33 of 51
Flag for a moderator

I am also on the 200mb package so those 40mb speeds sound like a dream. I certainly haven't seen such speeds since January. I am now getting less than 2mb at times so it sounds really appealing.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
0 Kudos
ntlworld_user
Fibre optic
Message 34 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Why are you not telling them to stick it and moving then? I held on and on, but it wont get better, Virgin wont care as long as they are getting your money, so move, do it now, tonight. Get Sky fitted then tell VM to stick it ...... its easy, within a week your problems are solved.

Parki79
Rising star
Message 35 of 51
Flag for a moderator

To be honest it's just how busy I have been lately. Got a few days off next week so going to look into alternatives. You are right this isn't going to get any better and it's nice and easy to move and not have to spend the effort waiting for something that won't happen. Should get around 60mb on BT so that woukd be twenty times faster than Virgin.

ntlworld_user
Fibre optic
Message 36 of 51
Flag for a moderator

The funny thing I found was once I had left I had loads and loads of " Please come back, we are sorry " letters come through. Maybe, just maybe if they had responded in such a way BEFORE I left, admitted I was never going to get 200mbs, reduced the £85 down to the amount Sky charge, then I probably would have stayed. Its not until you take your business elsewhere that retentions get involved, by which time its too late. All the years of being with Ntl/Virgin, you would have thought that alarm bells would ring. But in the end by moving I get the service I pay for and save £600 a year, so get moved asap, 30 minutes on the live chat on sky will get you away from Virgin.

ntlworld_user
Fibre optic
Message 37 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Done,

Maybe this will be like the miss-selling of PPI and we can all get some money back. I certainly didnt get the service advertised or paid for, so who knows....Virgin deserve all they get, I was scammed for years.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 38 of 51
Flag for a moderator

As much as I sympathise with you, when you start mentioning contracts in the petition it made me ask, did you look at it?

We are all contracted to UP TO speeds and that's all VM need to point out. In the small print it does state speeds may drop in peak times if I remember as well.

Not trying to shoot the petition out of the water but just highlighting some flaws.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 39 of 51
Flag for a moderator

I agree about the up to speeds but when people who are supposed to be on 200mb are getting less than 1mb it isn't fit to actually call. It broadband. It doesn't actually work to be honest same evenings so that's the miselling part. It's misleading as they are advertising super fast speeds and like it is cutting edge technology. If people were made aware before they signed up that they could get less than 1mb then a lot wouldn't do so.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 40 of 51
Flag for a moderator

@Parki79

Yep completely agree. The severity of some degradations is beyond any defence.

Should be told your locations average peak time speed before/during the sign up process. Or at least an easy way to find out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question