Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 51 (1,278 Views)

Thats it, I'm off...Sky coming on the 10th of June

I have given Virgin over a year to either sort the issues with my Broadband, or to reduce the ammount I pay them. Being on the " Big Kahoona " bundle means I am paying £85 a month, but not for much longer.

Sky unlimited Fibre, TV and Phone are all being connected on the 10th June, then thats that for Virgin Mediocre. Sky offer between 30 and 40mbs, which is faster the the 20 to 30mbs I get on the 200mbs VM service. As a little bonus too, 12 month contract and just £27.40 per month, gining me £58 a month to spend on myself.

Bye Virgin Mediocre and thanks for all the excuses, broken promises and missold services!

Accepted Solutions
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 51 (1,399 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by ntlworld_user
‎04-06-2016 08:16

Re: Thats it, I'm off...Sky coming on the 10th of June

I lasted 13 days with VM Big Kahuna. Joined from Sky and left for BT. Getting a solid 70mbps now even in the evening Smiley Happy
In a years time I'll re-review as there are always deals for new users, but for now I'm very happy. That said Virgin have an immense task to even tempt me back. Being plain lied to about available speeds does not sit well with me. Good luck to you all and hope you manage to bail soon.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 51 (1,253 Views)

Oh the Irony, just got this:

"We?d like to thank you for your continued contribution with a brand new rank.

Your new rank is Fibre optic. "

LOL yes Fibre Optic, but with Sky, not Virgin .... LMAOSmiley Very Happy

Superfast
Message 3 of 51 (1,243 Views)

I left in April to also go sky, you won't regret it, TV service is awesome catch up and on demand are way better, the BB is good but as you said you won't notice the difference coz you never had it anyway, the speed is consistent no traffic managing my wifi speeds are 30/10 constantly (you'll get 40/10 wired only) email works, no stupid robot crud! And as you said 12 month awesome deal, I hope a lot more people do this coz it's the only way these muppets will realise how miffed people are, this is really hard to write without swearing so it doesn't get deleted Smiley HappySmiley Happy
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 51 (1,193 Views)

Yes I have given them enough time to sort out the issues, and in a way they are probably happy that some leave, therefore freeing up space for other customers in the area.

I am not a " Grass is greener " type person, but I know that on VM its very muddy, and has been for a while.  I called and asked if I can cancel, and TBH the person I spoke to simply rolled over, as he had no reasoned argument against me moving to Sky.I did put the point that if Virgin had stated 50mbs service, charged for 50mbs service and we got 20 to 30mbs, then I probably would not have moved. HOWEVER charging people for a service they cannot possible achieve IMO is breaking the law. Maybe once I have left I should go to the small claims and claim back all my broadband payment for the last couple of years.

Hopefully by this time next year I will be a satified Sky customer, getting the service they are paying for, and £600 richer than I would have been with Virgin Mediocre.

Forum Team
Message 5 of 51 (1,153 Views)

Hi ntlworld_user, 

I am sorry to see you are leaving us and that we have been unable to resolve the issue. 

I wish you the very best with your new provider. If you do ever decide to return to us we will always be pleased to have you back. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 6 of 51 (1,140 Views)

I am due to leave in August as I have a letter saying they are happy for me to leave my contract early when they fail to meet my next review date and I am honestly looking forward to moving all my services to sky. Would just be nice to have a steady broadband in the evenings for a change, I think it would actually blow me away to have double figures speed in the evening. 

Hope you enjoy your new services, VM have really let you down, shocking what has happened to this company from where it used to be, they should be ashamed. 

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 51 (1,102 Views)

Yes 15 years with NTL/Virgin, but I can honestly say this is the biggest mis-selling scandal of Broadband service providers in the UK. My advice hang on to your account numbers and billing, because a day may come when it becomes the next PPI claim back.

Had the " sorry your leaving...anything we can do ...blah blah " phone call. Obviously they didnt think I was serious when I said I was leaving a few weeks ago, yet they still offered me nothing!

Maybe being honest would be a good starting point, not advertising and charging for 200mbs when you can only provide 20 to 30 in my area, reimbursing for the misold service over the last 2 years, any of these things may have helped a few weeks ago, but Sky are just 8 days away now so too late!

I will let you know how it is so you can all make your own mind up, what I do know is £85pm for Virgin is way overpriced.

Rising star
Message 8 of 51 (1,079 Views)

Deffo keep us informed how your Sky services go.

I am pretty sure I am going to leave in August when I get my next review date and have the green light to do so, so would be interesting to see how you do.

It is so much money for what they can manage to provide. Their Tivo doesnt match the new sky offerings and their broadband of between 6-20 meg at evenings or weekends just doesnt cut it. They are unable to offer me anything their competitors are able to.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 51 (1,044 Views)

I hope you are asking for your Broadband payments to be taken off your bill until such time as Virgin Mediocre can provide the service they are contracted to provide you?

I will certainly let you know about Sky. I have been promised between 30 and 40mbs, but we will see. This will be a lot better than VM can provide us.

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 10 of 51 (1,031 Views)

Yep the £12 a month which just doesnt cut it anymore. 

BT have estimated I will get 65mb but have guaranteed me 57mb so that is a lot more than VM can give me. 

0 Kudos