Menu
wonko
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, and goodbye.

A really big thanks to everyone who has posted about their problems with over-utilisation and slow speeds.

I could easily have been sucked in to the cycle of disillusionment but thanks to everyone posting their experiences on here, especially those who have been waiting for months to get a fix only to be fobbed off again, I have decided to learn by the experience of others and leave Virgin before I lose my sanity.

I'll take my chances with BT or Sky, both of whom are governed by Ofcom and guarantee their minimum speeds.

Good luck to all who are stuck in the cycle and I hope that things get better before they get much worse.

Shame on you, Virgin.

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thanks, and goodbye.

I am coming with you!!!!

sc00terx
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here   i have some calls set up for next week     to see  where  to go    BT, sLy  or  Plusnet  will see 

hope you have  a  good speed and a  low ping  take care 

Sc00terx
wonko
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have now signed up to BT. I'm waiting for it to be up and running before giving notice to Virgin..

I got BT Infinity Unlimited 2, 76Mbps typical speed, 49Mbps MINIMUM GUARANTEED speed. 18-20Mpbs Upload. NO TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT.

Also with £125 gift card and £50 cashback with TCB, works out a lot cheaper than Virgin, too.

Virgin Media, you have lost (another) customer because of your greed and dishonesty.

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How far are you from the green Cab? my min speed is 73Mbps

0 Kudos
wonko
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Um, not sure. Is there a simple way of finding out?

I can live with 49+. Most of the time Virgin can't get anywhere close to that at any time I need the Internet. I don't need 200 Mbs at 3 am.
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

wonko wrote:

A really big thanks to everyone who has posted about their problems with over-utilisation and slow speeds.

I could easily have been sucked in to the cycle of disillusionment but thanks to everyone posting their experiences on here, especially those who have been waiting for months to get a fix only to be fobbed off again, I have decided to learn by the experience of others and leave Virgin before I lose my sanity.

I'll take my chances with BT or Sky, both of whom are governed by Ofcom and guarantee their minimum speeds.

Good luck to all who are stuck in the cycle and I hope that things get better before they get much worse.

Shame on you, Virgin.

Kudos to you for biting the bullet and making the switch away from Virgin Media.
Everyone who feels they are at the end of their tether and fed up with the shocking service should look at the alternatives in their area and consider voting with their wallet.

I wish you a low ping and guaranteed minimum speed New Year.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The upside with the guarantees minimum
Speeds is you can leave penalty free if you go under them at any point. No early cancellation fees if they go under.

Part of the deal DSL providers have to have.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question