Menu
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks VM for giving me my speed back

No, this is not the usual sarcastic title but a genuine thanks to VM who seem to have finally given me a robust connection, I suspect as a result of major work on the network.  It seems they do sometimes make improvements.  I had been suffering from terrible latency and my 70mbps service would fall to single figures in the evenings.

A few days ago my connection went down a couple of times and when it was restored I realised I had been given a new WAN IP and figured I must have been moved to a different leg of the network.

Now the service is incredible.  My speed doesn't drop below 70mbps even in the evenings and is more usually a constant 74, and my BQM has never looked cleaner.  I've also noticed that my pre-RS figures are a fraction of what they used to be.

So thanks VM ... just don't go and spoil it ok ... leave everything just as it is.   Smiley Happy

BQM 090317.jpg

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thanks VM for giving me my speed back

Blimey, miracles do happen. How long did you have to wait for your fix?

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hoping this happens in South East London soon the speeds all over are poor.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

pete7049 wrote:

I should have added that I am in Epsom, Surrey.   Well I've had the latency / pre-RS / over-utilisation issues for over a year now.  I have no idea if a fault ticket was actually ever issued, I just accepted it as a way of life VM style.

I still can't get over the difference it's made ... I'm quite euphoric.     Smiley Happy

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

pete7049 wrote:

I should have added that I am in Epsom, Surrey.   Well I've had the latency / pre-RS / over-utilisation issues for over a year now.  I have no idea if a fault ticket was actually ever issued, I just accepted it as a way of life VM style.

I still can't get over the difference it's made ... I'm quite euphoric.     Smiley Happy 

I wonder how many customers just accept it as a way of life VM style and do nothing about it?
That's a years worth of 'loss of service credits' you missed out on. But no worries, the important thing is it's fixed now. Lets hope it stays that way for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I have just experienced the same thing!

My IP has changed and my broadband is giving me at least 70% of my package speed!

I tried to SSH into my machine earlier via a static hostname I connect too as I was at work but couldn't connect back, now that I've just got back home I've realised why, change of IP!

I do hope this is now solved for you OP! and for me too! lol

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos