Menu
Cindyk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Terribly slow broadband in KT19

Hi All

Is anyone in KT19 area experiencing persistenly slow broadband?

I am on the 100Mbps package. During the day the speed is in line with the package that I am on (anywhere between 70-90Mbps) however at around 17:00/18:00 each day this drops down to a very slow speed of around 5 to 6 Mbps for the rest of the evening. 

This is very frustrating as I don't need high speeds during the day when I am not home!!

I have called the customer line about this and get told that there is a fault reported in the area and that it is being worked on but these are individual faults being reported on a daily basis so I don't think this is what is affecting my speed as my issue is more long term than this

Reading some other forums it looks like this might be more related to an upgrade required in the area (CAT-C) but the forums also mention that this has been happening for a long time with no real resolution date confirmed.

Does anyone know if the above is correct and if there is any hope of this being resolved soon? I have recently renewed my service and my 14 day cool off is about to expire so I really don't want to be locked into another year of paying for 100M broadband and getting 6M

Any info would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terribly slow broadband in KT19

If you search recent posts in the forum you will see a few posts about utilisation in the KT19 / Epsom area. It is likely you are suffering from the same uyilsation problem. A VM Forum Team member should pick up this thread in about a week to confirm if this is the case.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terribly slow broadband in KT19

Morning Cindyk,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Looking at your connection, I can see the high traffic fault in your area which you mentioned. The reference number is F002977692 and has a review date of 8th March. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos