Menu
Substance
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terrible speeds on 200mb

Hi,

I've been having terrible speeds now for the last month or so, I am paying for a 200mb conection and the best I ever get out of it is 70-80 and at the worst I get around 5-10.

I use my connection for gaming a lot and there are a lot of times where I can't even get a ping of less than 100ms.

Can somebody look into the problem with my connection please and let me know when it will be fixed?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible speeds on 200mb

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equiped with a gigabit ethernet network card.
I would test tne speed during the day and again during evening peak times to check for a possible utilisation issue.

0 Kudos
Substance
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am usually connected via wireless but even using the laptop via a gigabit ethernet port I get the same speeds.

The speed during the day goes to around 70mb but at night is as low as 5mb, especially at weekends.

I understand that I may not get full speed at peak times, but to only get 2.5% of what I pay for is ridiculous
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Substance,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

I have located your account and there is currently maintenance work being carried out in your area to support the increased demand for our services but I can also see that there are some signal issues with your box which could be making this worse so I would like to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos