Menu
TomWhitehurst
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Terrible speed at peak times, gaming almost impossible. Area 30

Hey, im getting awful speeds at peak times on vivid 200mb. Its getting beyond a joke to be honest. At the moment of writing this message im getting 7mb but after around 12 o'clock it goes back up to about 150ish. My speeds are around 3-10mb every night. I've had an engineer round and he swapped my router and did something to the box outside, It stopped my disconnects but the speed is still terrible. Here are my router stats...

Untitled.jpgUntitled2.jpg

0 Kudos
vmisafjoke
Dialled in
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible speed at peak times, gaming almost impossible. Area 30

Bazza6102
Joining in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I usually receive several emails a week from Virginmedia telling of all the wonderful things they offer and that my bill is ready etc. But not once have I had one explaining why their broadband that I pay for is virtually dropping off completely at certain times of the day (and I'm talking 0.75mb out of the 50mb I pay for ).

No email of apology or offer of a refund for something I've not been getting for the past few months !

It took 3 phone calls to establish that 'there is some maintenance work being done on the network, ending mid January 2017'.

Absolute disgrace to charge customers (and I have been one from day one and from the companies it was before Virginmedia) for a shoddy service. No customer care it appears to me and I invite anyone from the company to respond to this post. The temptation to jump ship to SKY is stronger than ever right now
0 Kudos
TomWhitehurst
Tuning in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Tonights great speed... Pretty sure i should be due a refund for this like many other people looking at all the posts on the front page, its been like this for two months.

0 Kudos
Bazza6102
Joining in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Just checked and it was showing 3.4mb (almost double last night's). Somebody has advised me that, although still in contract, I am within my rights to go elsewhere based on this farce of a service.

I also note that after 24 hours nobody from Virginmedia has replied yet. Must be manning the pumps of their sinking, once great, ship eh ?

The silence is deafening.
0 Kudos
Bazza6102
Joining in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Last night I'm feeling blessed to be seeing 11mb out of 50mb at 8p.m.

Until my son, who lives a mile away but in the same town, posts me a snapshot of his 54mb out of 50mb speed. His girlfriend lives in the next road to me and reports no problem.

Come on Virginmedia, what's going on ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi TomWhitehurst,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I'd like to look into this for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details form you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi TomWhitehurst,

Thanks for the details!

I've picked up an issue with the network in your area affecting speed at peak times - ref.(F004610345). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 14th December 2016.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

All the best.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TomWhitehurst
Tuning in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

So thats it? Deal with it? Its been like this for more than 2 months, its not like its cheap, im on the highest package and getting slower speed than a cheap ADSL line. Also whats a review date? Shouldnt that be a fix date? Does this mean its just gonna carry on?

Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

yes it does, you will more than likely be strung along with revised review dates.
Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
0 Kudos