Menu
Tomscriven
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terrible service area 24...Wait till Feb 17 they say!

I am an unfortunate new customer of area 24. Right now getting a massive 2Mbps during the evening on a 50Mbps contract (works fine through the day). I've been given the contention code F003883122 which I've found has been in place for over a year!? How are VM allowed to take on new customers when they're fully aware that they already aren't providing a service? £5 off a month in the meantime frankly is insulting. Due to be reviewed Feb 17. Absolute disgrace. More needs to be done. Now.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible service area 24...Wait till Feb 17 they say!

Hi Tomscriven,

I am honestly sorry that you're afflicted by slow peak time speeds, especially having just joined us.

The pending network upgrade will increase capacity and therefore resolve the issue you're experiencing. I'm not sure why more customers are being accepted onto an already overloaded network and I don't know why you weren't informed about this prior to contractual agreement. I can only apologise and hope that the monthly credit encourages you to stay until the upgrade completes. If you did wish to leave though then any early disconnection fees should be waived.

All the best,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Feb 2017 will come an go mate with nothing being done, i have been on 1-5Mbps at peak times for months now with all the dates coming a going with not sign of any improvement at all. You would think after 12 months of review/fix dates they could of squeezed a few more Mpbs out of the network.

Not going to advise you to leave as am sure others will, i think that is not helping anyone as quick as one customer leaves another takes their place an this helps VM in the long run as they get a few months before customer realises how bad the service is.

Just supply a service that is fair and honest..
0 Kudos
Tomscriven
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looking forward for the 5 Feb. Make or break for VM. Still suffering with 2MB speeds. Good to see I won't be paying a penalty for leaving this terrible company.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomscriven, 

Thanks for posting I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband connection being slow, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here and I can see that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues especially during the peak hours. We're currently planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours, the reference number for this is F003883122 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the middle of May.

Thanks for your patience with regards to this matter, one of my colleagues will be in touch with some more information. In order to make their job a little easier, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) with some security questions to confirm.

I look forward to your reply, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tomscriven
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm delighted to inform anyone following that I have cancelled my contract with this joke of an ISP. I haven't paid the cancellation penalty either, as VM never held up their end of the deal (provide me with internet in the evenings!). I recommend anyone suffering in area 24 do the same as they have now said the next review is in May!! Honestly can't believe this lot haven't been on Watchdog. Pathetic.
0 Kudos