Menu
C33nf0
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terrible Speeds - Liverpool ( L22 - L23 Area )

Hi all

Is anyone having serious issues with Speed / Pings over the past couple of weeks in the above areas ?

Im currently on "Vivid 200" , i appreciate that speeds can dip during peak times which i totally understand but this is barely over 10% of what im paying for ??!?!?

I would appreciate it if a mod could look into this and give some advice on compensation as i dont see why i should be paying full price for this.

Cheers

My Broadband Ping - crappy_virgin_media

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Speeds - Liverpool ( L22 - L23 Area )

Evening C33nf0,

Hope all is well. Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. It's nice to have you here.

I've taken a look at the network and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F0045446190 and with a review date of 14th December.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch shortly with more information.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MHess1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

L9 area

I am receiving a similar 10% which is an absolute killer on 20mb.

Unable to game which is the main reason we have the service. This has been going on for months and as I only called up and complained last month they said I would be given £15 for the remaining 2 months even though the tech support told me the fault had been initially raised in 2015.

I am completely unsatisfied with the service as post 6 is anyone's guess on what speeds I will be getting and when.

0 Kudos
pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here in L12. Had to contact the Chief Executives office to try and get some answers.

What I've been told is there is an area issue in Liverpool that won't be resolved till Feb at the latest. This date has been put back on 3 occasions that I'm aware of so could be put back further again.

Currently I'm getting as low as 5mb and paying for 200mb. Awful service, wish I had never left Sky.

0 Kudos
C33nf0
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think today is the final straw !!!

I work on call and from time to time and need to remote into work.
Get a call this morning at 4am only to find the connection is down yet again.

Im not even sure how they are allowed to provide such a crap service with never ending "Review dates"Screenshot_20161230-042201.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi C33nf0, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look at fault ref F004953773 for slow speeds at peak times and I can see that the team who deal with these types of issues has already been in touch. 

Unfortunately these types of faults can sometimes have a long lead time as they can involve anything from digging up the roads to lay new cables to building new head end buildings to store equipment. This means planning and permissions are required involving local Councils, Gas, Water, Electric, Highways Agency, local businesses to name but a few. 

We will let you know as soon as we know more, I do understand that this must be frustrating. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos