Menu
RenoRanes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Terrible Speeds Bristol BS7

For the last few days now my speed has become shocking, I pay for 200 but for the last few days have been lucky to see double figures. Its been ranging from 1.XXMbps to 14.XXMbps (see below) being the best all week. This is all Wired connection as well, wireless is even worse, try and watch YouTube on my iPad even in the next room to the router.... Ha! Yea Right! That's not happening!

test.png

Trying to stream anything at all, Amazon, Now TV, YouTube, Twitch they are all constantly buffering or in some cases on YouTube fail to even begin loading!

I'm an avid gamer as well and playing online has been near impossible.

I have reset everything several times over the week, each time it improves (if you can call it that!) to about 20Mbps but then over 5 to 10 minutes it's back down to single figures most of the time.

Also with regards the 200 speeds, Since I upgraded from 152 to 200 (When it's working properly) I haven't once seen my speed pass 152, Am I even actually on 200?, it says so under my account but every speed test I have done since the upgrade says otherwise. I'm not expecting spot on 200 every time but when I was on 152 I actually got that a lot of the time and sometimes up to 156, since the 200 upgrade I've not seen any increase over the old 152.

If we could get my connection working properly I was considering the Gamer 200 but I can't find an option to upgrade to that, the only 'upgrade' option is apparently to Downgrade to 100!?

Capture.JPG

But anyway before that I want to get my connection working first.

0 Kudos
RenoRanes
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Speeds Bristol BS7

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there RenoRanes,

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've run some tests on your line and everything has come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

I can see that the Super Hub is in modem mode, are you able to complete speed tests direct to the Super Hub without your equipment attached please to see if there is a difference?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RenoRanes
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok so shortly after it seemed to speed up.... nowhere near what I'm actually paying for still... but it was at least perfectly usable.

However all day today it's been terrible again:

6512875303.png

As before that is Wired, Wireless there's not even a point to it right now, I've had to set my phone as a 4G Hot Spot to use anything Wireless.

I will now try just the Superhub 2 as suggested and see what happens.

0 Kudos
RenoRanes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok so I tried with just the Superhub 2 in router mode.... lets just say.... beyond laughable:

6512951234 2.png

I've had to switch back to my setup to even post this reply.

I screen grabbed these while I was there though:

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

0 Kudos
RenoRanes
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Anyone?

This is just getting silly now!

6520818908.png

0 Kudos
RenoRanes
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Paying for 200 but getting 1!!!!!

6523716023.png

Beyond a JOKE!!

How about some Wireless!...... or NOT as the case may be!

35645290043_7b2fd2ff72_c.jpg

The above is a whole 2 meters away from the Router!

0 Kudos
RenoRanes
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No one then?

0 Kudos
RenoRanes
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Oh look, today I get to experience a whole 4Mbps of the errrrr..... oh yea..... 200 that I actually pay for!!!

36471195006_3fbdec6cab_c2.jpg

Can SOMEONE for the sake of the next thing that annoys me please look at the screens a few posts ago and see if all looks normal or not??

0 Kudos
RenoRanes
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ahh... a new day, I will check my emails using the super fast internet that I pay for.... Oh wait!....

36140301620_368557be52_c3.jpg

0 Kudos