Menu
cmd1990
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Terrible Speed

I have recently signed up for 200mbps broadband and TV package. The house I have just bought has never had a Internet connection but already had an amplifier installed due to a poor signal with the tv(previous owner). The broadband speed is currently running around 30 mbps.

When I found the broadband helpline, the operator said it was an area problem, though I pleaded with him that it was a fault with the house wiring. I took his word for it.

When I spoke to my new neighbour, who is also in ICT (Software Engineer) said his virgin connection was maxing out around 120mbps and that he had the 100mbps package.

I'm getting close to cancelling the package in the cooling off period due to the poor speeds and unwillingness to send an engineer to look at the problem which clearly exists.

Any ideas?

Craig
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Speed

Hi cmd1990,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Upstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

cmd1990
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Speed

Thanks Josh I have replied by DM.

Craig
0 Kudos