Menu
PaulFromSurrey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Takes 8 days to fix an issue?????

I reported network issues yesterday that had started Wed 22nd Feb. I was told today they should be solved by 2nd March for people in my area (Surrey). Why does it take 8 days? Is this a lack of staff? Lack of prioritisation? I work from home and can't use this rubbish connection for remoting to servers or telephone conf calls as it drops off all the time and even when up is about 1Mbps which is pathetic. Very unhappy as it seems you are not taking this seriously enough!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Takes 8 days to fix an issue?????

Hello PaulFromSurrey,

Thanks for joining the community, great to have you on board Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear about your recent connection problems caused by a fault in your area. I've had a check on this and I can see that fault has now been resolved and you're back up and running.

Thanks again for posting, please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

8 days could be due to needing planning permission to close roads to dig up to get access to the cable.

Also best not to play the can't work from home card as that is covered in the T&S
0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
8 days could be due to needing planning permission to close roads to dig up to get access to the cable.

Also best not to play the can't work from home card as that is covered in the T&S

Unless he has the home works upgrade Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

does that really come with a different T&C
0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I thought there were some additional support requirements form Virgin's side I read on a website somewhere, looking at Virgin's website it doesn't say a lot.

I'm sure I read you had access to a different support group as well and some help with devices etc.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sounds like that might be part of virgin media business then. The t&c on the site still show not to be used for work
0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can use the home works for business at home. I thought I saw it somewhere Smiley Happy

http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/broadband/homeworks.html?buspart=uk_ps_a_cable_google_purchase...

0 Kudos