Menu
sola
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TW20 : Crippled speeds @ peak since September 2016

Hello,

I pay for the 100 MB package and I am not receiving the service which I am paying for. Below is a speedtest which is a representation of my speeds from 4 PM- 11 PM hours since approximately September 2016.

5967646222.png

Downstream and Upstream levels.

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

I have been on the phone with your customer service numerous times for hours at some points and  I am frankly sick of dealing with their false promises. Multiple "fix" dates for the "area fault" have been promised and pushed back, compensation for services unfulfilled have also not been met.

What can you do to assist me on this manner. has the alleged fault been fixed ? Is there an issue of over subscription which is causing these horrendous speeds.

Furthermore, you haven't migrated my current services to my online account after transferring my broadband to a new property,  its showing  a "services cancelled" notification.

Please help me fix both of these issues....

Edit:  I am connected through LAN

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TW20 : Crippled speeds @ peak since September 2016

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

All Replies
sola
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is there anyone looking at this post from the VM team ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Evening sola,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I would like to check your connection in more detail to see if there are any faults on the network, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Morning sola,

Thanks for confirming your details, I appreciate it.

I've taken a look at your connection and there is high traffic during peak hours. This has now been raised to our networks department for further investigation. 

Once I have more information I will let you know.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sola
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam, I will wait for your reply.

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon sola,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In regards to the high traffic in your area, the reference number is F005031513 and has a review date of 28th June.

I've sent you another PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to discuss this further.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
sola
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Bartman007  I will look into your guide.

0 Kudos
sola
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well Samantha, this is a student area and this issue has been ongoing for a couple of years now, I got this information from speaking to people around the area. Thanks for providing the reference number and review date though.

0 Kudos