Menu
erikk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TW20 - A homing pigeon has more bandwidth than VM

Instead of 50m I get only 2-3m since this came live here, I don't care if it is peak time or war time or someone smashed in your cables with an excavator. It is your responsibility to provide what we agreed I'm paying for, you are unable to provide service!

If 50m costs £32/month then the service you actually provide(2m) worth £1.28/month thus you're stealing £30.72 from me? Also my time by writing such messages... Shame on you guys... shame on you...

Don't ask me to try with cable instead of wifi or restart my pc and start in safe mode and all that ridiculousness, 50mbps is about 6mb/s you will perfectly be able to test it with your shiny wireless router first, and then you come and bother me with my devices ok?

Heart Heart Heart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TW20 - A homing pigeon has more bandwidth than VM

Hello erikk,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

I do apologise for the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know it's frustrating.

Looking at your Hub I can see that we're working on a fault in your area. The ref is: F004780572 and it's due for review on the 23rd March. This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

I know this isn't the best news, so please accept my sincere apologies and let me know if you have anymore questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

erikk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So I'm going to pay 32/month for a 2mbps internet until next April just because you oversubscribe your service and fail to provide what you offered? You can't be serious can you?

??

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can use the reference number to claim some credit. It's not a lot but it's something

march23rd isn't a fix date, it's a review date as well (and my birthday woo!) so don't think it will be fixed on that date.

Your service should work perfectly fine in offpeak hours (roughly midnight to 3pm).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos