Menu
Tuning in
Message 41 of 74 (294 Views)

Re: TW2 - No upload speed and reduced download

Perhaps it depends on which Super Hub, mine is...

Software Version    "V1.01.33"
Hardware Version    3.11

Anyway, whatever, it's not good enough. I've got a router coming today as maybe the fix last time was more by luck than judgement. I can get the proper upload speeds with the router functions disabled in the Superhub but with your experience maybe even installing a third party router will cause the fault to appear.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 42 of 74 (282 Views)

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 11.17.35.png

I woke up guessing it hadn't been addressed and the painful upload of this screenshot confirmed the agony. 

I'll give them a ring now myself too referencing the ticket number stated further up thread ....... I'm not even going to attempt to switch mine to modem mode, that issue is firmly up stream .......

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 43 of 74 (275 Views)

So took the plunge and called up. Was told the area is saturated again and engineers are working on the issue providing new infrastructure/cabling. Services should gradually improve in 2-3 days, mmmmmh. 

I then pointed out that we had been in the same situation before and our area has a history of this. And that on boarding of new customers saturating the network appears to be higher priority to Virgin to ensuring services are adequate for existing customers. 

The polite gentleman just kept pointing out that I had full download speed :-) He then promised to forward all these details and previous to Networking, apply compensation and gave me my own personal reference number, which I'm happy to share F004988805. 

So in short, don't hold out for any magical over night resolution to this and start tethering from the mobile :-(

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 44 of 74 (261 Views)

Another TW2 user. Glad I'm not the only one.
At that last lengty slowdown they got me to upgrade to the new superhub - only £ 15 but maybe it's intentional to shift the superhubs.
For some reason I can get the BBC website but the Guardian is intermittent.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 45 of 74 (232 Views)

Also having this problem in TW2

No upload at all. Download drops as low as 0.5 Mbps!!!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 46 of 74 (200 Views)

Also TW2. Zero upload speed. Loading Google takes 30 seconds. Suboptimal (polite term) 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 47 of 74 (204 Views)

Have the same issue. Am inTW2. Think broadband quality monitor has me at 20% packet loss since about 00:30 Friday morning. And same issue with no download speed. I had same issue back in March which took about 5 days to fix from memory and was an upstream issue somewhere. I've logged a call. Please get this fixed virgin media...

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 74 (188 Views)

[ Edited ]

wOO hOO 37mps . . . you lucky lucky ********. I'm in a city (Cardiff) and I don't get that speed. (mutters under breath. . " Grrrrrr....

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 49 of 74 (178 Views)

Been on phone to tech support - not much help - are sending an engineer round on Wednesday (although I warrant all they'll say is "yeah, problem with the exchange"). Virgin broadband in TW2 is pretty much U/S right now. Think the word "bill rebate" might be coming up soon...

Something aint right... (TW2)Something aint right... (TW2)

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 50 of 74 (170 Views)

Unless you have 'further' issues to those posted in the thread I can't see what the engineer will do for you. It's not your connection to house or router unless Virgin know something more, in which case it would be easy to update this thread with further info and help everyone. 

I note a Moderator intervened on the post above you due to possible 'fruity' language so the thread is being monitored but I guess we shall remain further in the dark short of the 2-3 day timescales I was given. 

Perhaps if there is more info coming or Virgin have more detail they could post an update here please instead of everyone having to call in separately, which surely will just take up more of their operators' time. 

It's fairly evident with the number of posters in same postcode experiencing the same issue that these are not isolated to individual households .....