Menu
CdoubleU
Tuning in
Message 31 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: TW2 - No upload speed and reduced download

Yes and it will hopefully eventually be quietly fixed again and they won't ask for feedback on how brilliant they've been at solving the problem, again as last time. Smiley Happy

techygeek1
Tuning in
Message 32 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Bump! 

Having the same problem again... enough posts on this and hopefully a moderator will spot this and hurry the process along... 

Working from home on a VPN becomes impossible when the upload speed is soooo low...  god forbid I want to send somebody a document! 

0 Kudos
fhentsch
Tuning in
Message 33 of 74
Flag for a moderator

ssssshhh, don't mention VPN or wfh, you may get told you need to pay for a "Business Package" as this is Consumer only  ......

I'm delighted to have received my Badge of Honour today from Virgin, the Hello Again badge has been added to my profile this morning. 

Oh the irony to receive such honour on the basis of a thread that keeps coming back to haunt  .......

Has anyone been brave and successful enough to run the gauntlet of calling? I see one poster failed miserably so far and I'm not sure I had enough coffee yet to muster up the courage. 

Maybe relocate to the pub for lunch, think they run on BT .......

0 Kudos
CdoubleU
Tuning in
Message 34 of 74
Flag for a moderator

I have similarly been honoured today and looking forward to bending my knee at the investiture by which time it may have been fixed along with the faulty fault reporting. Who do we report faulty fault reporting to?
0 Kudos
CdoubleU
Tuning in
Message 35 of 74
Flag for a moderator

OK, fault reporting stopped being faulty and I got deja vu as the utilisation issue excuse got trotted out again; it would be fixed in August. I'd forgotten all about that but suddenly recalled the infinite loop of being given an engineers number to ring that just sent one round in a circle so I as adamant it wasn't utilisation.

Eventually they put my Super Hub in to modem only mode and voila, upload speeds back to normal but of course no router functions. Does this suggest some dodgy code was uploaded to the Superhubs last night? At the moment I need mine to act as a router too so it's not a fix, restoring that functionality properly is what's required.

0 Kudos
Ketch
Joining in
Message 36 of 74
Flag for a moderator

So back home and running tests - still no upload. 20hrs now. Can a moderator please respond to give an update on what is clearly an ongoing fault?

Has anyone opened a ticket for this? Or like me is everyone too pesimistic and tired to jump all the hoops?

0 Kudos
CdoubleU
Tuning in
Message 37 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried putting your superhub into modem only mode? It cures the upload speed issue for me but of course completely screws the rest of my home network so it's not a fix. I'm going to have another go at support tomorrow in daylight hours. Clearly they've screwed up the Superhub 2 config from their end last night in the witching hour, maybe trying to bug fix on the Superhub 3.
0 Kudos
Ketch
Joining in
Message 38 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't work for me. Will try and contact Virgin in the morning too.

0 Kudos
CdoubleU
Tuning in
Message 39 of 74
Flag for a moderator

OK I've got a ticket number. 101718440

I was told no one else had reported a fault so it would be good to get some more people call in. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Maroda90
Joining in
Message 40 of 74
Flag for a moderator

So yes, back again! Lovely non existant upload speeds for Twickenham. I am seriously hoping it doesn't take about 5 days to get this resolved like last time. Eventually i'm going to get moaned out for tethering my phone, but i seriously have no choice when i am unable to upload a thing!

Yes, definitely agree, the upload speed went around 00:00 on Friday morning. And now it's a Saturday, I don't hold out much hope for this to be looked into until Monday Smiley Sad

I initially started tweeting Virgin Media again yesterday, but that got me absoloutly no where last time so i shall not bother this time around.

I will give them a call later today see if i can get anywhere.

My Super Hub is always in Modem mode as i have my own router, so can confirm the problem still exists.

0 Kudos