Menu
Maroda90
Joining in
Message 51 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: TW2 - No upload speed and reduced download

Just posting to get this bumped up again in the hope that Virgin will see this.

Still an issue today for me. Just got back from a coffee shop as had no other choice to get my uploading done.

Ping's are still dropping out regularly as well.

Has anyone else received an update?

0 Kudos
CdoubleU
Tuning in
Message 52 of 74
Flag for a moderator

I've worked round it by setting modem only mode on the Super Hub and hanging my own router off it. I couldn't understand how that might be a fix until I realised that the IP address I was handed in modem only mode was different from that in router mode so perhaps my new IP is on a different segment.which isn't affected, but I'm not going to re-jig my network again to investigate further at this point, but for anybody who's frustrated and can try for a new IP address it might be worth attempting.

a-life-lost
Joining in
Message 53 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Just got off the phone with Virgin.

The guy I spoke to looked it up and it apparently it is 'network congestion' in the area.

An engineer is assigned to fix this at 9am on Tuesday.

Why this information hasn't been posted here or on the service status page I have no idea.

0 Kudos
techygeek1
Tuning in
Message 54 of 74
Flag for a moderator

So... I have switched my router into Modem mode and can confirm that this does fix the problem. 

The only thing I can figure is that they have a fault somewhere in the exchange with a router/switch and/or their traffic shaping kit which effects existing IPs and once you get a new IP via modem mode this problem goes away. 

This is obviously NOT a network congestion problem as changing to modem mode would not make any difference if it was.

Good luck everybody. 

0 Kudos
osmanmaqsood
Joining in
Message 55 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Experiencing the same problems in TW1 as well. Minimal upload speed on a VIVID Gaming 200 package. As of 10 minutes ago, the upload speed was 0.2Mbps and the download speed was 50Mbps. I'm using the SuperHub in modem mode connected to my Asus router.

0 Kudos
Ketch
Joining in
Message 56 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Update:

Bit the bullet and called. As we all know it's an area outage. I was told it would be fixed by 12 noon today - however I signed up for text updates for the fault and have just recieved a text saying it'll be 12 noon tomorrow (19th July) that'll be fixed.

uh huh ...

0 Kudos
Ketch
Joining in
Message 57 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Just recieved a text and email saying the fault has been fixed. It hasn't. Still no upload speed - zero. Will be calling again asap then. Maybe it'll be up and running by midday as previously suggested. Will post any updates I get.

0 Kudos
fhentsch
Tuning in
Message 58 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Send my regards please :-) Unless it requires a restart of box or some other voodoo nothing has changed for me either ......

0 Kudos
Ketch
Joining in
Message 59 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Very interesting.

So having my patience tested all week I'm now officially angry!

Just spent 1hr 30mins on the phone whilst the nice man ran every possible diagnostic test he could (including remote access, safe mode, changing the router frequency, repositioning the death star etc) to come to the conclusion that there is a problem outside of my property!

He was very confused though because his computer was telling him that the area outage issue we have all been enduring has been fixed. I mean ... i recieved an email ... and a text telling me it was fixed ... it MUST be fixed ... right?

IT HAS NOT BEEN BLOODY FIXED!!! and i've just wasted an hour and a half.

I'm having an engineer visit - maybe tomorrow - they couldnt book me an appointment - not until Saturday anyway - but apparently I'm high priority.

He'll come along and after every test he can do will tell me that its a greater area issue no doubt.

CLOWNS!

I'm moving house in a week. I need to send email attachments. I cant at the moment (or all week for that matter)

I was going to take Virgin with me. Not now. I'm disgusted.

Please update if anything has changed for any of you. Maybe it really is just me.

and breathe ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
fhentsch
Tuning in
Message 60 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Well surely if the computer says yes it must be true! :-) 

I rebooted the hub and ran speedtest.net again afters. Connecting to Brentford I get 90mb down and still 0.18mb up. 

Nothing has changed but maybe if we convince ourselves really hard that Virgin is right wishes will come true? 

It's tedious, even more so when it appears that their customers are doing the legwork providing information that this is affecting plenty of users in TW2 and they keep wanting to send out engineers to households for appeasement (or in fact don't see any issues) 

0 Kudos