Menu
CerkieGaming
Tuning in
Message 1 of 178
Flag for a moderator

TS19 Gaming latency

Hello,

Over the past month the stability of my internet has been deteriorating and at this point im now noticing stutters and freezes within the games I play, my TBB graph also shows really high ping and some dropped frames.

I've taken a look at my power levels and they are all within the guidelines.

I'm wondering if there is high utilization in my area.

Here is a graph.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/90de2a207f0f0ec14cdd7bac77fb08a6.html

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Re: TS19 Gaming latency

Hi CerkieGaming,

I've looked into your account to try and find what is causing this for you. I've checked for utilisation and am happy to report the downstream utilisation level is remarkably low with very minor spikes and the upstream is at a stable mid level. As to the other statistics, the power levels are all within spec and the SNR is good and high. 

I did notice that your hub had been online for the last 59 days and a reboot may help clear any erronious data. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
CerkieGaming
Tuning in
Message 3 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

My internet has been running ok, but then over the last two days I've had high readings on TBB graph and I noticed some ping issues in games.

Today I've had multiple full internet cut-outs, my internet just goes off so I checked the power levels and they all seem fine, I wonder what is happening, any help would be great.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hi CerkieGaming, 

Thank you for getting back to us. Looking at your connection it seems that there has been an issue with SNR and FECs, this is now beginning to settle so you should start to see an improvement in your connection. 

We'll need to keep an eye on this over the next few days just to be sure that it doesn't get worse. 

If you find things start to get worse or better let us know and we'll have another look for you. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CerkieGaming
Tuning in
Message 5 of 178
Flag for a moderator

My internet has totally gone offline, it keeps trying to restart itself and has done like 5 or more times now, 07/05/2014 23:08.

It seems to be getting worse and is doing it at random times.

0 Kudos
CerkieGaming
Tuning in
Message 6 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Last night it was really bad, I've woke up to find this on my TBB graph

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/f60ba8a89b01a633f587a6ca192c084b-08-05-2014.html
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hello CerkieGaming

That doesn't look too good sorry.

We have a problem with the upstreams that supply your area. 

They are affected by noise and errors, this will cause the symptoms that you are experiencing.

Our engineers are doing their best to try and locate the problem ref F003067368.

The estimated fix date is 16 MAY 2014, please post back here to request any updates.

Thank you for your patience while we try to find the problem Smiley Happy

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
CerkieGaming
Tuning in
Message 8 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the fast reply, It's good to know there is a problem that can be fixed within the near future.

I will reply again closer to the estimated fix date to see if things are still going to plan.

0 Kudos
CerkieGaming
Tuning in
Message 9 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

Just a little update everything seems to be running fine now and has been for the past 5 days or so, I was just wondering if the problem has been ticked off as resolved.

Thanks for the amazing help you guys on the forum give.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) madison_d
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hi CerkieGaming,

Thanks for taking the time to update us.

I have checked the ticket for you and I'm pleased to report the fault has been marked as resolved. Glad to hear you've noticed an improvement from your end. 

Any further issues, let us know. If not, have a cracking week Smiley Happy 

Madison
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

0 Kudos