Menu
WildWizard
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3.0 device filtering

So I have this wonderful Hub 3 which virgin have sent me.  I have a very large list of devices that connect to the hub and 4 children that also use it. On the superhub 2ac, I could select a MAC address and assign a rule allowing internet access between times of the day - so, say a specific ipad or laptop would loose connection at 8PM - great for keeping the kids off the net beyond bed time.  Now I want to do this on the Hub 3, but cant for the life of me, find this in the settings list.

Also, why is it soooo painfully slow to access the router settings via a webpage?  I have both PC and Mac and all are so slow to access the pages that they timeout and I get a 'non-responsive' or 'kill' message about the page.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3.0 device filtering

Go back to the super hub you had before if you want router mode some what mostly working options.

Other then that you can put it in modem mode and get your own router which ever if fastest for you.

0 Kudos
WildWizard
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are joking? - the new all singing all dancing router has less features than the version before it? what's this, progress?
Gees, what a crock - why should I have to go get a 3rd party router when the one I was supplied with is supposed to be 'all singing and dancing'. Come on Virgin, keep up with the times for gods sake. This is a basic facility which should be including from the ground up - how can I apply parental controls without this? I'm paying £40 a month for this.
Thanks for nothing
Yours, not very impressed.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WildWizard wrote:
how can I apply parental controls without this?

Use VM DNS as for timed access well your in the home to control them.

0 Kudos
SnoopyMegaDaddy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Virgin had little choice in releasing the Superhib 3 a little early as their contract with the manufacturer of the Superhub 2 came to a quick end and therefore they could not get hold of them any more. They are aware of the filtering issues and are working on a fix. The current version 116V does not have this fix in it yet but keep your eyes open for an update

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos