Menu
JSF77
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 2ac. Ethernet Ports problem.

I am running on the VIVID 200 broadband service, with a Superhub 2ac running in Router mode. I have been trying to operate more than 2 Ethernet ports on the device for about a week now, but when I try to activate service by plugging into a third Ethernet port, all three Ethernet ports go "haywire" and stop functioning correctly (kick-off the services running on the ports) !! It does not seem to matter which of the 4 Ethernet Ports I use, but any two work fine, then when I plug-in the third the trouble begins immediately. Can anyone help please ?? I'm thinking maybe I need the Superhub 3.0 these days, because our VM broadband traffic has increased a lot since we began with VM two years ago.  

0 Kudos
JSF77
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 2ac. Ethernet Ports problem.

Is there a better "thread" to place my above Post ?? I'm thinking maybe there is a "SuperHub 2ac" thread that is better than the current thread.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JSF77,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the Ethernet ports on the Super Hub.

When you plug in a 3rd device, does all connectivity stop working including wireless?

Do you have to reboot the router for it to start working again?

Have you tried a new Ethernet cable?

If you can try a factory reset of the Super Hub to see if that helps and let me know how you get on. Be mindful that any saved settings will revert back to default.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JSF77
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha_L,

Thanks for your message, and suggestions !!

As I could not resolve my Ethernet problem with the SuperHub 2ac., I contacted the appropriate "VM support"

who also could not find a solution. Therefore, I have been sent a new SuperHub 3.0 which should arrive later today,

and I'm hoping the problem will then be resolved.

1. Certainly all "Ethernet" connectivity stopped abruptly !! I'm pretty sure Wireless connectivity continued, because

I was able to connect to the Router's Settings via my PC (even though my PC Ethernet connectivity had stopped).

2. Yes, I have to reboot the Router and "take out" the 3rd Ethernet connection for it to work again.

3. Yes, I did try alternative Ethernet cables.

4. I did try "factory resetting" the Router, without success in resolving the problem.

Thanks once again, John.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon John,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad you called through to us to arrange for a new router to be sent, that's good.

Hopefully you won't have any issues once the Hub 3.0 has been activated. If there are let me know and we can check it over.

Take care

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos