Menu
Bradnighto
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Super slow broadband

I've been told that my area was being improved regarding internet speed (almost never see virgin vans about). 6 months have passed and no change. I am paying for 200mbps but i have never seen my internet speed reach that. I am fed up of seeing the buffering logo. I regularly check the speed and the average is 20mbps. I have checked at different times of the day and its the same, but if you call to complain you get the off the off the script reply "it due to high traffic"

Is there any chance of me getting better broadband speed in the near future?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super slow broadband

Depends what you would call near future? dont forget VM do NOTHING for the first 6 months and see if the network fixes itself and log the traffic, then 6 months planning and raising the funds/council/roadworks etc etc, 6 months after that if all went well it will be ALL WORKING.... Oh then they will do a free speed upgrade and kill the network again and the process starts over.

sometime in the next 12 months you will be up and running... maybe

All Replies
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Depends what you would call near future? dont forget VM do NOTHING for the first 6 months and see if the network fixes itself and log the traffic, then 6 months planning and raising the funds/council/roadworks etc etc, 6 months after that if all went well it will be ALL WORKING.... Oh then they will do a free speed upgrade and kill the network again and the process starts over.

sometime in the next 12 months you will be up and running... maybe

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bradnighto,

Thanks for your post, hope you're well Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds right now, I know how frustrating this can be. I've checked your connection and I can see the fault in your area that you've mentioned. The fault ref is: F003331767 and it's due for review on the 19th April. Please note this is a review not a fix date, this is when we can expect the fault ticket to be updated by the engineers on the job.

I'm sorry I don't have more info right now, please bump this post on or after the review date for further updates.

I appreciate your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos