Menu
Mundo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Super hub and 200mb speed

Can you confirm that to get the allegedly "free" upgrade from 152 to 200mb will require a new superhub

I already have a superhub, but unhappy about having to pay £14.99 to get the "free" upgrade

Spoke to customer service but was advised I would need superhub v3 to qualify for the new speed

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub and 200mb speed

Hi Mundo,

If you are outwith your contract with virgin then give them a call to cancel, customer services will try to put you off cancelling but stick to your guns and don't panic what the customer service adviser tells you, they will eventually put you through to retention's and they should get you the new router free of charge and also if you think your bill is too high mention this also, it's worth a lot more to them to keep a customer at a discounted rate than lose a customer altogether.

Stick to your guns!

hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mundo

Thanks for popping by with your speed boost query Smiley Happy

I have checked for you and can see that currently our speed boost is not showing as ready but you can check this out going forwards via our Speed Boost site or by logging into My Virgin Media.

Once you know it's ready for you at that point we would arrange this for you for a fee of £5.99 to cover the delivery of your replacement hub as the one you have now would need to be changed.

If there is anything else you need from us then please let us know and we'll be happy to look into this for you Smiley Very Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mundo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Karen_A wrote:

Hi Mundo

Thanks for popping by with your speed boost query Smiley Happy

I have checked for you and can see that currently our speed boost is not showing as ready but you can check this out going forwards via our Speed Boost site or by logging into My Virgin Media.

Once you know it's ready for you at that point we would arrange this for you for a fee of £5.99 to cover the delivery of your replacement hub as the one you have now would need to be changed.

If there is anything else you need from us then please let us know and we'll be happy to look into this for you Smiley Very Happy

It says my speed boost is available from this January, cannot see anything different on the links you gave

0 Kudos
Mundo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do I get my 200mb upgrade
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Mundo,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you use the Speed Upgrade page, enter your postcode and it will advise when the upgrade should be ready for you.

Keep on checking your account and once this is ready you will be able to upgrade.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos