Menu
some1givemehelp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

[Super Hub 2] Two slow ethernet ports

Hello,

Recently I have acquired a replacement Super Hub 2 due to problems with our first one; which most likely due to age, was dying. After installing the new Super Hub 2 and configuring it to my liking, everything seemed fine however, after plugging in the rest of my Ethernet devices, I have found that (from the top) Ethernet port 2 and 3 give incredibly slow network speeds, however not port 1 or 4. I have tested switching over the cables plugged into the ports in different configurations and the devices that were receiving a good speed (10ms, 90mbps down) now drop to a low 25-30ms ping with around 10mbps when connected to the 'bad' ports.

This is a new Super Hub and all devices connecting to it via Ethernet have gigabit capabilities. Wireless is not having any issues.

I have not enabled 'Modem mode' (foreseeing that question)

Any suggestions as to what is causing this issue?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: [Super Hub 2] Two slow ethernet ports

Hi some1givemehelp,

How can I ignore a name like that Smiley Happy

To be honest I can't think of any reason for the issue you describe other than that those LAN ports are faulty.

Switching over the devices/cables is what I would have suggested so thanks for already attempting that.  I shan't suggest modem mode though as that will allow only port 1 to operate which doesn't help prove anything.

I've ordered another replacement Hub for you, though have tried to get you a different model this time. You should receive it within the next few days so please let me know:

• If the LAN ports are all working well.
  • If it's a different model to the one you have currently. 

Welcome to our Forum, hope you're glad you joined Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

magicniner
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's timely, excellent support, truly deserving of Kudos! 

The CEO Team Customer Services came through for me!
0 Kudos
some1givemehelp
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jen_A

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

some1givemehelp wrote:

I have tested switching over the cables plugged into the ports in different configurations and the devices that were receiving a good speed (10ms, 90mbps down) now drop to a low 25-30ms ping with around 10mbps when connected to the 'bad' ports.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a new Super Hub and all devices connecting to it via Ethernet have gigabit capabilities. Wireless is not having any issues.

Two different contradicting lines by the looks of it there. If your stuff was gigabit capable, you wouldn't be hitting the 10/100 connection limitation speed cap (~90Mbs)

Might want to look into that even with a new hub to avoid future disappointment in the future if you aim on going above 100Mbs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

clowni
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have got a super hub 2 ac and faulty ports as well. I was trying to change ethernet cables and random resets, nothing helps.

I was on the phone with indian speaking customer service and they seem to do knot know the problem.

My broadband speed is resticted to 10Mbps on the cable, even when in modem mode.

I need help.

0 Kudos