Menu
esafeddie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Super Fibre 50

For months I've been getting 50mb/s now I am getting 10mb/s. Why should I pay for 50 when I am getting less than half of what I am suppose to get, might as well go back to BT.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
esafeddie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super Fibre 50

Ok it seems the problem was at my end, let me somehow explain, I have two desktops, Windows 10 and an iMac running macOS Sierra. On the Apple machine the internet speed was being throttled back to an average speed of 10mb/s for some obscure reason but when I done a speed check on the Windows p/c I was getting 50mb/s and sometimes beyond. After a bit of tweaking on the Apple Airport, I was abled to achieve the same speeds as the Windows p/c so happy days. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you rung up and reported the problem...
Virgin Staff will have a look at this on here, but they take 1-2 weeks to get to a message.

in the meantime

Are these low speeds all the time or just evening?

Are you connected wired or via wifi, if via wifi what are your wired speeds?

It may also help to post your router stats. go to 192.168.0.1 and click on check router status, and post the stats here.

0 Kudos
esafeddie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

These low speeds seems to be all the time even as late as 2.30am on any given day of the week. I will run through the checks again.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
esafeddie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok it seems the problem was at my end, let me somehow explain, I have two desktops, Windows 10 and an iMac running macOS Sierra. On the Apple machine the internet speed was being throttled back to an average speed of 10mb/s for some obscure reason but when I done a speed check on the Windows p/c I was getting 50mb/s and sometimes beyond. After a bit of tweaking on the Apple Airport, I was abled to achieve the same speeds as the Windows p/c so happy days. 

0 Kudos