Menu
haydenbcfc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sub 3MBPS speeds between 4:30 and midnight

Hello, 

I was just wondering if one of the moderators could confirm about utilization issues and possibly give me a review date and reference number due to slow speeds in the evening, i get around 1-4 mbps on a 100mbps line.

outside of peak hours i consistently get 90+mbps 

It seems power levels were dropped from around 6+ dBmV to around 1-2 dBmV in the early hours of the 9th of december which has overall improved things but still in the evening the internet can become unusable.

AREA 12

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sub 3MBPS speeds between 4:30 and midnight

Hi haydenbcfc, 

Thanks for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004938376 for slow speeds at peak times. 

I don't have a lot of information on this currently but we should have more news on this after 15/02/2016. I have popped the details across to the team that deals with this type of issue and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. 

The power levels look fine from this side at the moment. Do you find it is during peak times you usually find you have more of an issue? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
haydenbcfc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah definitely peak times, having to leave gaming sessions and anything what needs a decent internet connection like skype until midnight-1am
0 Kudos
SparkyKarl
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I just posted this on a other thread, but means people are discussing this here I'll post: 

I'm from the Birmingham Area as well, particularly in the Walsall Area and I'm on Virgin Media 150MB Internet package. My speed has also been atrocious! barley getting 5MB download on a 150MB connection and it's been like this now for over a week. It's a joke to be fair at the price that I'm paying for this Internet. Maybe I may think of switching to a competitor because this is unacceptable. 

My Area Code is: 04

Walsall

0 Kudos