Menu
gmann
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Stumped with wired connection on HUB 3

I'm stumped & wondering if anyone could offer any advice? I logged onto VM account  last week and noticed that I could have a free upgrade from 100mbps to 150mbps but needed a new router, Ordered one arrived in post. Activated & set up but router was just looping continuously. engineer came out, replaced router. Wifi speed 98 on an iPhone 5., 28 on an IPad 2. . However wired, via a 500mbps powerline from one room to another I am only get on average 33 mbps????? On previous Router Hub 2 was getting between 62 and 70 mbps??? How on earth ???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stumped with wired connection on HUB 3

Hi gmann,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with the broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection and the downstream power levels are on the high side. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

This may or may not be the main cause of the issues, however it does need to be looked into. Have you tried a speed test direct to the Hub 3 to see if there is a difference in speeds?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos