Menu
boogiemoog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Still slow in NG19 and no replies from VM are they are ignoring their customers on purpose?

Waited in all day Saturday for a new modem. No show

No show yet again today

Are VM taking the Mickey and speeds keep dropping out?

Nothing lasts forever....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still slow in NG19 and no replies from VM are they are ignoring their customers on purpose?

Hey boogiemoog,

I'm ever so sorry that the hub didn't arrive on Saturday and apologies we didn't get to your post sooner.

I can see from checking things that your new hub has since been activated and is currently online. Let us know if you experience any further problems.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
blacko
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still slow in NG19 and no replies from VM are they are ignoring their customers on purpose?

Very poor peak times speeds also in NG19. Been that way for a while. I am guessing they are massively oversubscribed in our area.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi blacko, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have also had trouble with your speeds.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection? If wireless try wired and let us know if it makes a difference. Pop the Hub into Modem Only Mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. 

It may also help to see a BQM (please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents). 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
boogiemoog
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yeah all up and running smoothly just with a few hiccups so far

Cheers for that

Nothing lasts forever....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi boogiemoog, 

Glad to see things are looking better for you now.

If you need any help in the future let us know and we will always be happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
blacko
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

Thanks for taking the time to reply. This has been checked by me repeatedly with a gigabit wired connection to the hub in modem mode using different devices and operating systems (I am MCITP so like to think I can handle the basics)

The connection speeds drop progressively towards and during peak times (and are more towards advertised speeds out of peak hours) which has congestion written all over it.

Here is a BQM and TBB speed test history:

bqm1.PNG

testhistory.PNG

I look forward to your thoughts.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
blacko
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Speedtest.net currently testing Vivid 200 as this (nowhere near what it should be)

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello blacko

It does look to be peak time traffic related, really sorry we did not pick this up sooner, in fairness to Emma we have only just managed to get the correct reports from your CMTS. We would like to do some upgrade work, the ticket is F005032077. Please accept our apologies, I will send you a forum private message to discuss further.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
greyman
Superfast
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm in NG19/area code 30 and have been experiencing exactly the same apparently over-utilisation issues, for at least the last 2-3 weeks, and my calls for support have yielded the news the VM are well aware of the issues and are allegedly currently doing some work to address them.  However, as I have been told that this work will not be complete until May and as I am currently getting single-figure speeds, I have been forced to drop my subscription from 200 to 50 and I am still not getting anywhere near what I pay for.

My patience is starting to run really thin and it isn't helped by what appears to be inconsistent messages coming out of VM.

0 Kudos