Menu
ADAMPOKE111
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Steam downloads and YouTube streaming very fast but direct downloads unbearably slow

This has only started happening today/end of yesterday. I can stream full 1080p60 with the 200 Mbps connection as you'd expect and get ~25 MB/s down on Steam since it's uncapped, however on direct downloads to installers and things from websites, or pictures, videos, music, ISOs for a reinstall of Windows I need to do are taking unbearably long as they all seem to be limited to 30 kB/s download.

Any ideas, I'm honestly completely lost here.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Steam downloads and YouTube streaming very fast but direct downloads unbearably slow

Hello there ADAMPOKE111,

Thanks for getting in touch, I hope you're well Smiley Happy

Very sorry to read about the problems that you recently experienced with your connection.

I've just taken a look and nothing is standing out in error. Please let me know if you're still struggling and I will continue to investigate. Feel free to drop me a PM.

Catch you again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ADAMPOKE111
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Steam downloads and YouTube streaming very fast but direct downloads unbearably slow

The problem appears to have remedied itself - might've just been a peak time for Steam's CDN or maybe the VM was routing the connection through a throttled server.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ADAMPOKE111,

Thanks for posting!

Glad to hear that's all working now. Give us a shout if you get any more trouble.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos