Menu
derrylad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Started with Virginmedia... can I cancel the service is rubbish!

200 Vivid Broadband (Ha!) and full house TV installed 3 days ago.

Day 1 - all fone good and dandy

Day 2 - ohh, I'm not getting 200Mb broadband... ohh I cant access some on-demand features like I could with Sky!

Day 3 - complete rubbish... issues connecting to broadband, dropping out every 2 minutes... but hey... The online service test says we are good so we must be!!  Virgin cant provide me with phone line so I have to use the 0345 number to report.... only to be told after 20 select options that I'll be waiting over 30 minutes to speak with someone!! 

You know, what... I think its time to go back to Sky and BT!!

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Started with Virginmedia... can I cancel the service is rubbish!

You can try online chat, might be quicker.

http://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html

You have 14 days from installation date to cancel without penalty.

derrylad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SOLVED!!!  By myself no thanks to your crap helpdesk that I have no phone to ring for free!

Running a continuous ping to the bbc, I noticed massive packet loss and timeouts every 10 pings(latency seemed fairly OK),  I removed the router from behind the TV (where the VM engineer left it!) and placed it (at a stretch) at the window and hay presto!!  no more packet loss!

When I eventually get through to the helpline, I'm going to schedule an engineer to come a move the router!

voicon
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Location of the router can cause massive issues for wireless if placed in the wrong place, behind a load of electrical equipment isn't the best idea. Sounds like it was just the easiest install for the tech, mine is behind my TV but I use a separate gateway and wireless system.

When they conme back you want to get the router as central to the house as you can to cover most areas, it didn't have a chance in mine which is which I have been using my own systems for the last 10 years, never used SH wireless.

davetherave
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

derrylad wrote:
router from behind the TV (where the VM engineer left it!) and placed it (at a stretch) at the window and hay presto!! 
If I dont get a reply soon mine will be going THROUGH the window Smiley Frustrated