Menu
Ghastous
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Speeds

Can Virgin get any worse, getting 10mb in an evening on a 152 package, its now dropped to around 5mb, with pings in the 100s, appalling service and have told everyone I know to avoid like the plague, what's happening with the speeds, seems like your infrastructure just cannot cope if more than a few people are on at a time in area.

Ive contacted Virgin many times and all i get is there is a fault and fobbed off.  This is not a good service for someone that is paying £50 a month and been a loyal customer for over 10 years. 

Helpful Answers
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Speeds

Most likely going to be a contention issue, as probably over subscribed in the area, had same thing happen with my girlfriend's supply in wakefield, gets about 10 to 20 mb on a 152 connection, got fault number and review day keeps being pushed back, but gets a discount every month off the bill, hopefully a virgin CS can confirm for you

All Replies
Ghastous
Tuning in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This is my speed atm

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5679817347

Virgin you should be ashamed at yourselfs for selling a service that is pure garbage.  Paying £50 for a 152mb line and im lucky to be getting 3mb.

0 Kudos
supershaun
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi what router are you using as i use my own as dont think the superhub is any good ive always stayed well clear

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2260756187
0 Kudos
Ghastous
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

im on there superhub that they supply due to the high speeds my old router was to slow.

You think buying a different router might be better?

As for my speeds check the link above.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you are not getting full speeds on a wired connection already then a 3rd party router won't help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Most likely going to be a contention issue, as probably over subscribed in the area, had same thing happen with my girlfriend's supply in wakefield, gets about 10 to 20 mb on a 152 connection, got fault number and review day keeps being pushed back, but gets a discount every month off the bill, hopefully a virgin CS can confirm for you
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

anyone come back to you yet on this? still having same problem?

0 Kudos
Ghastous
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

still having problems and ofc no one gets back to you cos they dont care.  Today im getting same as always 1mbs nice 1 virgin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The current response time for the forums is between 1-2 weeks from your last post on the thread. If you keep replying you go to the back of the queue.

If you want a immediate response you need to ring up VM or try the webchat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ghastous,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply.

I'd like to start by offering my sincere apologies for the connection problems you've reported, I completely understand your frustration.

I can see that we do have a fault in your area under ref: F004240365 and it's due for review on the 21/12. This fault may cause slow speeds during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

If you'd like to keep in touch, we would be more than happy to update you after the review.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos