Menu
MasonC1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Speeds dropped vivid 200 gamer

Hi, recently my stable speeds of around 190mb have for whatever reason dropped down drastictly to me now only getting 25-30 mb om my computer along with an increased ping in online games this is a bit of an issue as someone who plays Overwatch at a high level and partaking in online leagues having a stable fast connection is a priorty for me.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speeds dropped vivid 200 gamer

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection to the VM hub or a wireless connection? Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so a wired test is the best way to get a true picture of what speed your line is able to achieve. It also helps to pinpoint if the issue is with the wireless or your line.

Are you seeing slow speeds all day or only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends)? Some areas are suffering with over utilisation, which results in very slow speeds at peak times but full speed at off peak times.

If wired off peak speeds are slow then some hub stats might help. Go to http://192.168.100.1/ to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take up to a week) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speeds dropped vivid 200 gamer

Hi MasonC1,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low which is great.

As Scott mentioned were you testing through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ?

Does this happen at all times of the day or just at certain times?

Let us know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos